Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crack or bad casting???  (Read 1071 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Crack or bad casting???
« on: February 26, 2006, 07:26:47 PM »

Well folks,  here I am again with my hat in my hand.....needing the opinion of the "collective mind".  With my new perspective on my Cherry Bomb (now that it's up where I can see it),  I''ve noticed there is a flaw (doesn't look like a crack) in my inner primary (looks like a bad casting).  Now,  why I haven't noticed it before.....who knows,  but once you put this bike on a lift,  It jumps out and kicks you in the ....well you know where.  Looks like the casting was bad from day one,  with that said,  do I have a leg to stand on with the dealer here?????I'd like to get it fixed.  Take a look and let me know what you think......

Thanks in advance...

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Crack or bad casting???
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 07:27:54 PM »

Now,  if the bumb a$$ could only remember to post the freakin pictures....sorry,  long day on bro-in-laws bike.....
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 07:29:11 PM »

LOL...........did it again!!!!   What does that make me......double dumb A$$...

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 07:30:45 PM »

Well,
    I got the first one posted.....lets see if I have enough brain cells left to get the second one done.......

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 07:42:20 PM »

_Beagle,
Don't worry it is not a crack it's a casting mark. I just went and looked and have the same thing. But.... You can get rid of it like I did..

/me has a chrome inner primary ;D

Now if anybody wants a satin inner primary with a casting mark, let me know I'll let it go for a cheap price.
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 07:47:25 PM »

Beagle,

It is not a crack I took a picture for you of the one I took off my Cherry.

-harry
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 07:49:58 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 08:06:12 PM »

They were cut from the same mold.  I'd think the Moco would inspect and change a casting if it were like this.  Reason I asked because I have a '99 Ultra and a '01 RK in my garage now,  and neither one has the casting marks.......I bought a chrome inner (should be here next week.....but just felt like a bumb a$$ {well,  posting pictures is a challenge for me sometimes....limited brain cells}, for not seeing it sooner).

_Beagle [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

If you haven't noticed yet,  I'm still trying to figure out if I want the Cheery Bomb,  or Banana Boat...
I just can't help myself...

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 08:16:16 PM »

Hey UnBal,
  Why the handle (you have an inner ear thing???  LOL)  Thanks for the pic,  yours is the same as mine.  I'd think the Moco would have better QC than to let several tens of thousands of these be made without fixing them.  Don't they know that "we're" (Motorcycle enthusiasts)  AKA bikers.........(some, more serious than others,  but still understand why........why......).  But to leave casting mark on top of the primary,  where everyone will see it,  on thousands of bikes......I'd build a better mouse trap......

IMHO,

_Beagle [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Wckd One

• Wckd One
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 10:42:48 PM »

I think thats normal. I just looked at both my bikes, '03 Night Train & '06 Ultra, and both have a very pronounced ridge there. Both my motors are black.
"Life is to enjoy, not to endure"

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.