Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Digital Oil Temperature Indicator  (Read 756 times)

pushrod

Digital Oil Temperature Indicator
« on: March 17, 2005, 10:58:17 PM »

When new last November, I added a digital oil temperature indicator to the SEEG2.  I had one on a 2000 FXDX and another on a 2002 FLHTCUI and currently have one on my FXSTDSE2.  I never had a problem with any of them.

Well, while cleaning up the SEEG2 upon arriving home from Daytona last week, I noticed the sight glass had crazed and cracked on this indicator.  I have slightly over 3,000 miles on the bike now.  I might have spent a little time in traffic jams at Daytona, which tends to heat things up, but I had a similar experience in Daytona in 2002 with the FLHTCUI, and that indicator was no worse for wear.

Has anyone had a similar problem with a digital oil temperature indicator and , if so, did you figure out why the sight glass crazed and cracked?

mackcr

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Digital Oil Temperature Indicator
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 01:01:24 AM »

Puhrod, I have had one on my SERK since new and have not had that problem. The only problem I have had has been the chrome cover came off which I was able to fix. If  the dealer put it on when you first picked up the bike it should be covered by your warranty.

Mack

Ridge_Runner

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 05:19:20 AM »

Pushrod    Have not had the glass crack but am having a problem with condensation and the battery going dead after a couple of days.  Dealer is looking over this problem also

Ridge_Runner

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 05:20:29 AM »

Pushrod    Have not had the glass crack but am having a problem with condensation and the battery going dead after a couple of days.  Dealer is looking over this problem also

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 09:08:02 AM »

Is there an echo in here? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.