Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Remove Tips on Freedom True Duals?  (Read 759 times)

electraslide

Remove Tips on Freedom True Duals?
« on: June 12, 2005, 10:48:09 AM »

Howdy all,

I'm wondering if any of you have removed the tips from the Freedom Reno True Duals? I got a set from Brad and installed them on my bike last week. So far, I like them a lot, though they seem a bit on the loud side compared to the stock header with Bassani slip-ons that I was running.

Anyway, I would like to swap the tips side-to-side so the engraved ad is on the bottom, but they are so tight that I'm afraid I'm going to screw them up in the process. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks - Gary

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Remove Tips on Freedom True Duals?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 11:03:40 AM »

Electraslide......Those wheel rims powercoated the same color as your bike look great!  Did you have much trouble getting someone to match the color that close?  Someone local do it?  Got to have more info.......        spyder [smiley=cool3.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

electraslide

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 07:24:43 PM »

Spyder,

Thanks for the compliment on the wheels....  I had the rims powdercoated here in So-Cal. I sent one of the sidebox covers to the powdercoater so he'd have something to match, and he said it was not a problem.. he had an orange he called "Harley Orange" which was a near perfect match. Ordered the hubs from Harley, and then took the hubs and rims to Buchanans in Azusa and they laced them up for me using threir stainless spokes. I'm real happy with the result, and I think the 18s look better and the Metzlers handle better.

Gary

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 10:01:49 PM »

Howdy all,

I'm wondering if any of you have removed the tips from the Freedom Reno True Duals? I got a set from Brad and installed them on my bike last week. So far, I like them a lot, though they seem a bit on the loud side compared to the stock header with Bassani slip-ons that I was running.

Anyway, I would like to swap the tips side-to-side so the engraved ad is on the bottom, but they are so tight that I'm afraid I'm going to screw them up in the process. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks - Gary

Gary;
I was able to remove mine without any problem, just grap on and turn to remove. I did need to tap new holes in them though. It was no big deal!

Good Luck! And welcome to the site! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bad Daddy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 04:10:35 PM »

Gary,

I turned mine over just like HD-Dude.  Simple drill and tap procedure to put another hole in.  No issues with turning, removing, etc.  I like the clean smooth chrome look.

JRW
My toys:
'95 FLSTN
'97 FLSTS
'03 FLHTCUI w/BigBore, V&H, Thunderstars
'05 FLHTCSE2 Two Tone Cherry
'06 FXDI35
'03 M5

electraslide

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 07:44:59 PM »

Thanks all,

After reading HD-dude's response, I put a little more effort in and got em off. The right one was tough, but finally did come off. All's left is the drillin and tappin.

Thanks again.......

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 24 queries.