Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Excessive Primary heat  (Read 734 times)

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
Excessive Primary heat
« on: July 19, 2005, 11:24:03 PM »

Took off this past weekend, and rode over 7 mountain passes above 10k each in 2 days.  Put on 1100 miles, and put the SEEG through its paces.  Alot of engine breaking on the 7-8 degree slopes.  Ran about 85-95 on most main roads.  When I got to the hotel the first night and was cleaning up the bike, I noticed the inner and outer primary were very hot.  Way to hot to touch, but not quite hot enough to make water sizzle when I dripped it on the primary.  Not used to that much heat from the primary.  Compared to my 95 FLHT this thing gets much hotter.  
Anyone had the same issues?  Fluid level is correct, dealer put in Syn-3 which I have doubts about, and the primary chain tensioner seems to be doing its job.  Any suggestions? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

Re: Excessive Primary heat
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 11:38:39 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Striker,
 That's normal.  They just flat run hotter than EVO's.  Lay the fire to it!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] It's cooler in the wind, than it is parked up, hot!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.