Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: H-D Road Tech GPS OPPS  (Read 788 times)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
H-D Road Tech GPS OPPS
« on: December 02, 2005, 12:58:47 PM »

Just bought and installed the H-D GPS. H-D says in the book,
"automatic routing to guide you to your destination with turn-by-turn visual map directions and VOICE PROMPTS .........."
Problem is on the 2005 radio, the voice prompt only works while the radio is set to AUX. The radio does not a priority over-ride to work with AM, FM or CD. When I called for technical assistance, they said of course not, you want to listen to tunes and have the voice prompt interupt? DUHHHHH. I then called Garmin, they got quite a laugh out of it.
So, if you are thinking of buying one of these units for the voice command feature, don't. :'(

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: H-D Road Tech GPS OPPS
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 03:47:48 PM »

Just bought and installed the H-D GPS. H-D says in the book,
"automatic routing to guide you to your destination with turn-by-turn visual map directions and VOICE PROMPTS .........."
Problem is on the 2005 radio, the voice prompt only works while the radio is set to AUX. The radio does not a priority over-ride to work with AM, FM or CD. When I called for technical assistance, they said of course not, you want to listen to tunes and have the voice prompt interupt? DUHHHHH. I then called Garmin, they got quite a laugh out of it.
So, if you are thinking of buying one of these units for the voice command feature, don't. :'(

Yeap, the aux function on the radio is a mode all it's own.  None of them prioritized; all manually selected.  If one were expecting otherwise that's a tough "oops" to find out after you've drilled big holes in your color matched inner fairing.

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.