Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 105th! Lineup Still Seems Up In The Air!  (Read 1165 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
105th! Lineup Still Seems Up In The Air!
« on: June 06, 2008, 08:34:42 AM »

"Reported line up for Harley fest backfires
By Darryl Enriquez
Tuesday, May 27 2008, 04:41 PM

It appears you can't believe everything that's on the Internet. Imagine that.

Weekend in Waukesha planners say that the Wisconsin Harley-Davidson site incorrectly reported the music acts for the local motorcycle blast here during the Labor Day weekend.

It's still being worked on. Here's what the e-mail to me from the planners says.

"While Bethesda Events finalizes the complete entertainment schedule for the Weekend in Waukesha celebrating Harley-Davidson’s 105th Anniversary, we are able to announce Thursday’s exciting opening night line-up at this time. The remainder of the Weekend’s schedule will be announced shortly."                                                                                                                                                                                                             
They say Foghat, the British rock band popularizing the blues-rock sound in the 70’s with hits including “Slow Ride”, “Fool for the City” and “Drivin’ Wheel”, kicks off the Weekend in Waukesha Thursday evening, followed by Blues Traveler, an American rock band with hits “Run-around,” “Hook” and “But Anyway”.

The only other thing I 've heard is that George Thorogood and the Destroyers will not be booked. Too bad. I hope Los Lobos and The BoDeans are still in the mix."

HD seems confused about everything these days! Hope this isn't another clusterf*ck for youze guys! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: 105th! Lineup Still Seems Up In The Air!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 01:16:27 PM »

After looking at how they've handled the rest of their business lately, I guess you should be thankful Howie that they haven't hired a bunch of Chinese impersonators to handle all the entertainment.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 02:40:17 PM »

I heard that Sir Elton John is available for a grand return to Milwaukee!!  :bananarock:

2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 04:01:37 PM »

I heard that Sir Elton John is available for a grand return to Milwaukee!!  :bananarock:

I still want my money back! >:(
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRU
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC - SOLD
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 04:39:54 PM »

I'm still waiting on the tickets I bought and paid for in August 07!  For something fun try calling the ticket "help" line...I've been told twice they are being sent "next week".

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 06:48:33 PM »

You may Go if you wish, However if I need see to OLDER people play music live (badly*), I'd rather watch it on MTV - Give me a CVO event any day of  the week rather than HD controlled event that will SUCK BIG TIME, Just wait for the 110th event I'm sure it will be even lame'er

;D

* but if your DUNK or DRUGGED it sounds really good --like your remember it was  ;D

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 01:08:39 PM »

"Reported line up for Harley fest backfires
By Darryl Enriquez
Tuesday, May 27 2008, 04:41 PM

It appears you can't believe everything that's on the Internet. Imagine that.

Weekend in Waukesha planners say that the Wisconsin Harley-Davidson site incorrectly reported the music acts for the local motorcycle blast here during the Labor Day weekend.

It's still being worked on. Here's what the e-mail to me from the planners says.

"While Bethesda Events finalizes the complete entertainment schedule for the Weekend in Waukesha celebrating Harley-Davidson’s 105th Anniversary, we are able to announce Thursday’s exciting opening night line-up at this time. The remainder of the Weekend’s schedule will be announced shortly."                                                                                                                                                                                                             
They say Foghat, the British rock band popularizing the blues-rock sound in the 70’s with hits including “Slow Ride”, “Fool for the City” and “Drivin’ Wheel”, kicks off the Weekend in Waukesha Thursday evening, followed by Blues Traveler, an American rock band with hits “Run-around,” “Hook” and “But Anyway”.

The only other thing I 've heard is that George Thorogood and the Destroyers will not be booked. Too bad. I hope Los Lobos and The BoDeans are still in the mix."

HD seems confused about everything these days! Hope this isn't another clusterf*ck for youze guys! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Seems to me this is another event piggy-backing on the 105th.

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 22 queries.