Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 96" Touring Sleeper Kit ???  (Read 3952 times)

georgw221

• Full CVO Member
96" Touring Sleeper Kit ???
« on: December 16, 2009, 08:54:25 PM »

I would like to hear from anyone that has installed one off these Kits on a 96"

Stage I
Stage II or the Stage III

www.fullsac.com

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
Re: 96" Touring Sleeper Kit ???
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 03:42:55 PM »

Stage I

www.fullsac.com
We've installed and tuned a lot of these builds because we tune a lot of HD dealer builds.
Not sure what the questions is.
Stage 1 = low restriction air filter and SE mufflers. = approx 5-15 hp/tq increase depending on the muffs used and tune quality.
Stage 2 = above plus SE cams = another 5-8 hp/tq increase with the same dependence on exhaust and cams used.
Stage 3 = above plus other mods such as SE TB and SE cylinder heads with the same dependence on which SE parts are opted for.

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member
  • ride 'em don't hide 'em

• CVO1: '08 fxdse2
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 04:25:23 PM »

Bob, I think he's talking about stage kits from fulsac, not moco
08 fxdse2, r&r heads, 257 cam, hpi 55mm t/body, supermeg

georgw221

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 07:40:14 PM »

Thanks for the info,,But I'm looking for info on the Fullsac Stage Kits for the 96"

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 08:49:40 PM »

Stage I

www.fullsac.com

I used a "modified" stage I setup on my '09 Ultra.
22000 miles later and it's running better than ever.

Not too loud, plenty of power for what it's used for. I'm sold.
HOGMIKE

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 12:06:22 AM »

I managed to do a Fullsac Stage I without knowing it.  The first drive train mod I did when I got my '08 RG was a Ness Big Sucker and NightRiders IED's.  I was pleased with the results - lower operating temps., and all around better performance.  After a year I was convinced that the Mastertune TTS was a better path that would allow tuning with any future mods I might attempt, and fortunately, I could also afford to upgrade the exhaust system.  I read a lot about Steve at Fullsac here, and felt that he was an honest, competent vendor that was trying to do the best job possible.  I sent him my factory mufflers for his modification, and he returned them on time as promised.  His work was excellent, and the resulting sound was as good as any aftermarket exhaust I have bought for any of my other Harley's.  I also purchased the TTS tuner at the same time, and he included a map that matched the components.  In my opinion, the end result is very good.  For a mostly-stock 96", I am impressed with the performance - good torque, gas mileage, much lower heat, and just an all-around better running motor.  At that point I realized I had his Stage I!

All that being said, this afternoon I called Steve and ordered the Andrews 54 cams and Cometic .030 head gaskets, (his Stage II) with the accompanying  TTS map.  I hope to have this work finished in the next month or so, if time allows - got a business to run first!

In my opinion, his Stage I is worth the money, and gives a decent improvement for the dollars spent.  I have no reason to think that the Stage II won't yield equally improved results.

If that proves true, then I'll do the Stage III (107") later and hope the crank doesn't decide to do its own little cha-cha with the extra bit of torque provided by the mods.

I think Steve has put together a good set of matched components in all of his "Stage" kits.  The return is a good "bang-for-the-buck"

Steve is also a heck of a good guy to do business with - never too busy to talk to you, a wealth of knowledge, and does what he says he'll do for the price he quotes.  Not the most common traits in the Harley parts & service world!

Just my opinion -

Bill
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 22 queries.