Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Old Faithful Inn, Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole Wyoming...  (Read 4556 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Old Faithful Inn, Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole Wyoming...
« on: July 09, 2018, 10:51:25 PM »

Babe is down there near the four sided fire place in the lobby of Old Faithful Inn....

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Re: Old Faithful Inn, Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole Wyoming...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 11:03:13 PM »

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 11:03:32 PM »

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 11:30:39 PM »

As we left Jackson Hole we headed south to Flaming Gorge.  We stopped at Rim Station RV Park just north of Pinedale, Wy.  We've been ocean to ocean since we've gone full time and we've stayed in some very nice RV parks however, in my mind this is one of the most ideal RV parks that we've stayed in.  Very large RV space with modern hookups and a lot of space between us and the next person......and beautiful scenery.  Very unusual for a commercial RV park.....

And as I sit in my recliner drinking coffee the next morning, I look out my window at the field of wildflowers and there's three beautiful horses standing at the fence looking over at us....(sorry I didn't get that pic) but here's the pic I took the afternoon we arrived, of the same field....

It was another great journey.....    :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 11:36:26 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 06:39:54 PM »

Great job as usual JC. Thanks for the experience!
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

MH13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited sold
    • CVO3: 2005 Electra Glide sold
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 09:48:05 PM »

As a new member here I usually just lurk around. After reading your post I couldn’t help but comment. My Wife and Ijust returned from a 2 week trip to those areas. We left here in Indiana on July 23rd on the bike. We went to Kansas City to the plant to find out the tour was closed to Coby Kansas, on to Colorado Springs, Pikes Peak, Golden Co, Black Canyon NP, Rocky Mountain NP, over to Loveland And Thunder Mountain HD for a quick service. From there to Pinedale WY to Grand Tetons NP and Yellowstone NP. After spending a few days in the park we spent a few days in the Sturgis and Deadwood area before heading home. hands down the best bike vacation we have ever taken. Everything from 6 inches of pea size hail in Kansas to 100 degree heat in Denver. 39 degrees in Pinedale WY and cold mornings in Yellowstone. Rained like hell in Chicago. The only time we had to put on the rain gear. Just a tick over 4500 miles in 2 weeks. By the way. I you see a sign in those areas that says “motorcycles use extreme caution” it means the have tore out a bunch of road. Watered it down and made a mess of it. Ask me how I know. I can’t seem to post more than 1 picture

MH13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 09:49:25 PM »

One more of a bike that has been down those wonderful roads

MH13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 09:50:27 PM »

Maybe one more

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 11:43:58 PM »

As a new member here I usually just lurk around. After reading your post I couldn’t help but comment. My Wife and Ijust returned from a 2 week trip to those areas. We left here in Indiana on July 23rd on the bike. We went to Kansas City to the plant to find out the tour was closed to Coby Kansas, on to Colorado Springs, Pikes Peak, Golden Co, Black Canyon NP, Rocky Mountain NP, over to Loveland And Thunder Mountain HD for a quick service. From there to Pinedale WY to Grand Tetons NP and Yellowstone NP. After spending a few days in the park we spent a few days in the Sturgis and Deadwood area before heading home. hands down the best bike vacation we have ever taken. Everything from 6 inches of pea size hail in Kansas to 100 degree heat in Denver. 39 degrees in Pinedale WY and cold mornings in Yellowstone. Rained like hell in Chicago. The only time we had to put on the rain gear. Just a tick over 4500 miles in 2 weeks. By the way. I you see a sign in those areas that says “motorcycles use extreme caution” it means the have tore out a bunch of road. Watered it down and made a mess of it. Ask me how I know. I can’t seem to post more than 1 picture

I thought the first post I'd see is "where is Pinedale, Wy.?".  You mentioned it twice in the first reply.    Oh yes, we found out about those roads that have the sign "motorcycles use extreme caution".  Just not sure why they had to water them down to the point where they turned to slippery mud like that.

I know most of the areas that you visited and you definitely had a world class tour!

West Coast GTG   

GDK

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 05:56:46 PM »

Great ride we are doing a lot of the same roads and towns this month staying one night in Pinedale Wy. Thanks for the post it looks like a great trip. Leaving the 23rd from NM first part of our trip is Custer, Deadwood, Spearfish,Red Lodge Mt, Yellowstone Jackson hole, flaming gorge, grand Mesa Co.
2016 FLHTKSE
carbon dust electric red
2013 FLHTK vivid black
A few other brand x bikes

Harleyridernwv

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WV

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 08:41:14 PM »

JC,
Glad to see the bike I sold you is serving you well. My wife and I just got back from Wyoming and the Flaming Gorge area. Had I known you were in that area would have tried to hook up with you. Just curious how many miles have you got on the bike now? Stay safe,
Bj

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 09:28:18 PM »

JC,
Glad to see the bike I sold you is serving you well. My wife and I just got back from Wyoming and the Flaming Gorge area. Had I known you were in that area would have tried to hook up with you. Just curious how many miles have you got on the bike now? Stay safe,
Bj

It has a tad over 49,000 miles on it and still running strong.  Because we are full time in our toyhauler RV and no room for the Bushtec, I sold it (actually gave it away!) just before we left San Deigo.

Yep, we're still here in Flaming Gorge, Utah (Manila, Utah) until the end of this month and then rolling west.

West Coast GTG   

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 10:38:14 AM »

Thanks for sharing Brother. We were out there a few years back for 10 days riding around in Jackson hole and Yellowstone. It is impossible to spend anytime there and not believe in God.

BigLew

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 04:33:50 PM »

... and then rolling west.

Go West Young Man!

As always, thanks for taking us along the way.

Until next time.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2018, 08:16:16 AM »

JC, thanks for another program.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.269 seconds with 26 queries.