Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Long Distance Underwear.  (Read 30297 times)

SEsupply2

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Long Distance Underwear.
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2014, 01:12:44 PM »

under armour worked for me for my 1000 mile trip to CO......kept me cooler than regular boxer briefs.
2018 FLTRXSE
Fullsac MX pipe and S&S MK45's
Corbin dual touring seat
SOUNDZ Amp, Iron 65 & Iron 57 speakers
HD king tourpak w/chopped backrest
Metalsport luggage rack
JH Choppers floorboards
Freedom windshield 13"
Ciro3d cupholders
Ohlins 159 shocks
Avon grips/pegs

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2014, 10:43:19 AM »

Is there a difference between COLD weather wicking underwear and HOT weather wicking underwear?
They look the same to me and I see that they have about 15% spandex.
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

msemersky

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2014, 06:53:14 PM »

I purchased LDcomfort underwear before my Sturgis trip and have to admit it is worth the price.  Most comfortable underwear I have used for long trips.  I thought I was happy with my under armour until I used this stuff. I highly recommend it.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 09:29:12 AM »

I purchased LDcomfort underwear before my Sturgis trip and have to admit it is worth the price.  Most comfortable underwear I have used for long trips.  I thought I was happy with my under armour until I used this stuff. I highly recommend it.

I agree.  Use UA everyday but on long trips LDC.

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2014, 11:02:23 PM »

Hey all, I was wondering if there is a preferred style, brand, make of underwear for long days in the saddle.  My regular Fruit of the Loom's start to dig in and cause havoc after 300 miles or so.  :o   Was wondering about Bicycle Shorts under the jeans?  Any ideas.  Don't really want to use Jell packs on the seat or sheep skins. Cheers.

No matter what you do, look up a product called Chafe Zone by Med Zone.  A great guy named Tony Harris showed it to me and I tried my best to get H-D to carry it.  They blew him off and it's now used by police, motocross, special forces, divers - tons of people who wear gear that rubs their skin.  If you ever talk to Tony, he is a great guy.  I have used this product and I absolutely 100% can vouch that it lives up to it's claims. 

Also, I know =some guys who use bicycle shorts for long saddle days.
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

resqdoc

• Full CVO Member
  • de oppresso libre
    • MT

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2014, 10:50:06 PM »

If $25 underwear causes you grief, skip this post and move on to the next reply.

I tried some Moto-Skiveez this summer on a 2000 mile adventure ride on my KTM 690r. Chaffing is not my issue; a skinny, boney ass is. These worked well and I comfortably recommend them. Think of them as bicycle shorts specifically designed for motorcycle riders. Depending on the motorcycle type and rider they position the padding differently to zero in on the pressure spots. I'm a big fan of the Deluth Trading Post drawers as well.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 10:55:11 PM by resqdoc »
2007 FLHRSE3 with D&D Fatcats, SERT, AK-40 & Bitubo 330 mm, Glide-Pro, Clearview windscreen

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2014, 08:49:10 AM »

I use to like LDC until I tried motoskiveez. Best so far. I have the off road version and the cruiser version. Works great.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2014, 02:00:04 PM »

If $25 underwear causes you grief, skip this post and move on to the next reply.

I tried some Moto-Skiveez this summer on a 2000 mile adventure ride on my KTM 690r. Chaffing is not my issue; a skinny, boney ass is. These worked well and I comfortably recommend them. Think of them as bicycle shorts specifically designed for motorcycle riders. Depending on the motorcycle type and rider they position the padding differently to zero in on the pressure spots. I'm a big fan of the Deluth Trading Post drawers as well.
Just took a look at their website... interesting produuct... a few questions....

1. Are these worn in addition to other underwear?
2. If they are worn alone how easy/quick are they to wash? When traveling could they be washed in the sink at the end of a days ride and be dry/ready to wear the next morning? Don't plan to chit my pants but do like the feeling of a fresh/clean pair of skiveez after my morning shower. :D
3. Do they run true to size? And if they are worn over underwear do you need to go one size up?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2014, 02:34:17 PM »

These are worn instead of underwear.

They sure could be washed in a hotel sink but I never tried it. I got enough pairs to last for a week so normally the laundry is done at home.

Run true to size for me.

Just took a look at their website... interesting produuct... a few questions....

1. Are these worn in addition to other underwear?
2. If they are worn alone how easy/quick are they to wash? When traveling could they be washed in the sink at the end of a days ride and be dry/ready to wear the next morning? Don't plan to chit my pants but do like the feeling of a fresh/clean pair of skiveez after my morning shower. :D
3. Do they run true to size? And if they are worn over underwear do you need to go one size up?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

BakedInMN

• Junior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2015, 07:14:01 AM »

I'm reviving this thread for some clarification.

When (for the purpose of this thread) we talk about "comfort" what are we talking about exactly? It looks like, butt and sweat are the main points of concern. I don't have problems with that, but do have a problem with my junk getting wedged in the front of my pants when riding.

Within the last year, I've lost more than 50 lbs. The problem I have now is my junk won't stay in place when riding. When I move around in the saddle, the back part of the seat tends to slightly pull the back of my jeans up (I believe this is what is happening). This in turn pulls the front of my jeans down, along with the underwear. Resulting in my junk being pulled down and it gets all bunched up. I end up having to do several "package checks" to get it back where it's supposed to be. I've tried loose and tighter underwear, with little success from either. I've tried different styles: boxer, boxer briefs, whitey tighteys, seamless, bikini style, etc. None have made any noticeable difference. These were all regular off-the-shelf drawers from big box stores. I haven't tried any of the higher end solutions listed here but would like to find a solution.

If anyone has/had this problem and can recommend a solution, I'm willing to give it a try.

Anyone else have this issue and have any of these underwear solutions mentioned in this thread help that?
My current stable:
1972 FLH Shovelhead
2003 FXSD 100th Anniversary Blue
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
2014 FXSBSE Molten Cobalt

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2015, 07:38:18 AM »

I used to be a "under Armour guy" until this fairly new product came out, and now it's my favourite for all around comfort.

http://www.mypakage.com/

Some Harley dealers have caught on and are now stocking them...

Being Canadian made and with our current CND$ slipping, should make them real attractive to those south of the 49th.  A $30.00 pair should only cost you boys $24.00us right now!

Regardless of the price, they are extremely comfortable on or off the bike, in any kind of weather and should "go the distance" for you..

I'm starting to feel a bit like Cosmo in an old Seinfeld episode!  ;D   "Not that there's anything wrong with that!"

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 07:40:04 AM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

ultrarider123

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2015, 08:53:53 AM »

Alright Griz, I've ordered a couple pair to try out.  $25/pair here in the states ordering online (ain't nobody close has them in Tennessee... :2vrolijk_21:  ).  I'll report back after I try 'em out.  Thanks for the info.....

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2015, 09:19:51 AM »

OK - Here's another option. Thanks to this thread(!) I did some research online last year and found these which seemed to specifically address my issues:

https://www.saxxunderwear.com/us/saxx-innovation.html

Bought a few pairs and let's just say they are great and leave it that.  :-[

Admittedly a topic I have never discussed with anyone before! But since everyone is sharing so openly(!!) I figured I'd also add to the knowledge base.

Just ordered a pair of mypackage to compare and contrast.

Cam Anonymous

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2015, 09:26:26 AM »

OK - Here's another option. Thanks to this thread(!) I did some research online last year and found these which seemed to specifically address my issues:

https://www.saxxunderwear.com/us/saxx-innovation.html

Bought a few pairs and let's just say they are great and leave it that.  :-[

Admittedly a topic I have never discussed with anyone before! But since everyone is sharing so openly(!!) I figured I'd also add to the knowledge base.

Just ordered a pair of mypackage to compare and contrast.

Cam Anonymous

Dear Anonymous,

Don't be shy, be proud!

At least I think you will be, once you've looked after "your" package.   :o
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

BakedInMN

• Junior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2015, 06:41:38 AM »

The "MyPackage" drawers arrived Wednesday and I gave them a shot yesterday. I did a solo 250 mile run after work, and had none of the issues with junk adjustments during the whole trip. I'll try them out with a BSR today or this weekend and see how they do. Two up is when I experienced the most problem. I think I adjust my seating position more often with a BSR, than I do solo, and it's the constant  moving that jumbles my junk.

So far the boys are content. I'll let you know how it goes after this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion, it seems to be working great so far!

Oh and as an added bonus, they are super comfortable and quality made!
My current stable:
1972 FLH Shovelhead
2003 FXSD 100th Anniversary Blue
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
2014 FXSBSE Molten Cobalt
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 21 queries.