Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: Long Distance Underwear.  (Read 30579 times)

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Long Distance Underwear.
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2016, 11:52:38 AM »

Just got a pair of the SAXX in to try out. Very comfy to wear. Not sure about the hot part of the bike ride. Maybe test on the way to WVa.

BigLew

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2016, 12:12:56 PM »

I finally put the Moto Skiveez on the road yesterday.  Did so on the Road King as the Road Glide's saddle is so comfortable it wouldn't have been a fair test.  The solo on the Road King I could tell a difference on after three tanks or so.

Rode just over 450 yesterday.  Took a little while to get used to the skiveez when just walking around.  But that oddness faded.  Riding was ok though.  They did help.  Made the day noticeably more comfortable.  It was a hot sweaty day too.  All in all these shorts were definitely not the worst waste of money I've ever spent on a motorcycle; not even close  :2vrolijk_21: .

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2016, 12:38:01 PM »

I must be getting old, 450 sounds like a lot on the bike now!

BigLew

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2016, 03:46:09 PM »

I must be getting old, 450 sounds like a lot on the bike now!

BigLew

I admit I don't do the long 800-1000 mile days anymore back to back (or even without a little dread for what my ass will feel like after day one).  But three or four tank days with the stops at 150 miles still make for pretty comfortable days.  The play-day yesterday was a good day.  Rode about 150, stopped for fuel, stretched, drank a water, killed another ten minutes, rode another 150, stopped for an early afternoon lunch, flirted, struck out, had fun anyway, rode about 170 home, played with the dogs (not a euphemism).  All in all a good and easy day and home in plenty of time to bbq for dinner  :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2: .

And it was all thanks to my new Moto Skivee......., ok, no, it wasn't really all thanks to the shorts.  But they did help a little  :coolblue: .

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2016, 03:48:45 PM »

I admit I don't do the long 800-1000 mile days anymore back to back (or even without a little dread for what my ass will feel like after day one).  But three or four tank days with the stops at 150 miles still make for pretty comfortable days.  The play-day yesterday was a good day.  Rode about 150, stopped for fuel, stretched, drank a water, killed another ten minutes, rode another 150, stopped for an early afternoon lunch, flirted, struck out, had fun anyway, rode about 170 home, played with the dogs (not a euphemism).  All in all a good and easy day and home in plenty of time to bbq for dinner  :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2: .

And it was all thanks to my new Moto Skivee......., ok, no, it wasn't really all thanks to the shorts.  But they did help a little  :coolblue: .

A good day all in all except for Miss Take.  Does wearing non HD brand underwear void your warranty?   :nixweiss:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2016, 03:53:05 PM »

A good day all in all except for Miss Take.  Does wearing non HD brand underwear void your warranty?   :nixweiss:

My ass is well past the time and mileage limits for factory warranty.  It is way cute (as old asses go).  But out of warranty.  Alas(s), no ESP either.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2016, 04:31:59 PM »

My ass is well past the time and mileage limits for factory warranty.  It is way cute (as old asses go).  But out of warranty.  Alas(s), no ESP either.

Ok. Good information.  Thank you very much for not telling me about your crankshaft and Timken bearings and especially not your exhaust port.

At $60/pair & typically 4 underwear in the saddle bag for long trips, that equals about 6 cases or 72 beers worth of underwear in Beer Dollars.   :drink:  :drink:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2016, 04:35:34 PM »

Ok. Good information.  Thank you very much for not telling me about your crankshaft and Timken bearings and especially not your exhaust port.

At $60/pair & typically 4 underwear in the saddle bag for long trips, that equals about 6 cases or 72 beers worth of underwear in Beer Dollars.   :drink:  :drink:

Your math is as impeccable as your ass is unpadded  :coolblue: :drink: .

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2016, 04:39:46 PM »

And I don't wish to wash or recycle the beer so if I wear them enough and they are comfortable they might earn their keep?

BigLew

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2016, 07:05:00 AM »

You pay $40 a case for beer?????
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2016, 09:59:07 AM »

That's a really expensive wizz....  ???

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2016, 10:05:01 AM »

Yes it would be especially if you forgot to pull your expensive new riding panties down! LOL

BigLew

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2016, 10:46:07 AM »

Yes, was a first world problem. Back when I was drinking store bought beer at home instead of home brewing, Dogfishead 60 and others like Sierra Nevada ran $9-10 a 6 pack.  I blame a friend about 15 years ago that introduced me to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.  My homebrew runs about $.50-.75 per 12 ounces.  I think if we had the metric system it would have been cheaper.  :nixweiss:

Refuse to divulge the price of my underwear though.  :huepfenlol2:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2016, 11:45:21 AM »

Refuse to divulge the price of my underwear though.  :huepfenlol2:

Those Itty bitty sizes are so much cheaper........ :huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.