Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Thundermax with Autotune  (Read 7253 times)

Pbody

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
Re: Thundermax with Autotune
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 07:51:20 AM »

Gregg,

This is Adam from Zipper's. John (JDK20723) is in Daytona so I'm stepping in to help out with technical questions.

To answer your question, all ThunderMax modules come with the full Zipper's Base Map library, regardless of where you buy it.  All current and future software, firmware and Map library upgrades are free and considered to be part of the ThunderMax system. If you buy today and we upgrade the firmware, you will have access to the free download through the software.

Please feel free to visit the ThunderMax website (www.Thunder-Max.com) and download the latest software (SmartLink IV Version 17.9) and instruction manual. Thanks for the discussion!
Adam

Adam Herbert
Mechanical Engineer
Zipper's Performance Products
Red Shift Cams
www.Thunder-Max.com

Adam,

I'm sold, and plan to buy the TM/AT combo.  But, I normally deal with a distributor who can save me significant dollars (leaves me with more money for my OCD).  I believe they're going through Drag Specialties.  I'm a little concerned about getting an older model, that's maybe been sitting on a shelf for a while (that's the way my luck goes).  It seems you've gone through so many upgrades in such a short period of time, I'm sure there must be some old units still floating around out there.
1. How can I make sure I get the latest model with the latest firmware (I see it's currently version 17.9)?  I think I see the physical configuration has changed recently.
2. Would I have to buy directly from Thunder-Max to make sure I get the latest and greatest model? 
3. If I get an older model/firmware, will Thunder-Max work with me to upgrade?
4. I want to install this without any intake or exhaust changes, for maybe the first 500 to 1000 miles.  Is this one of the base maps?

Thanks for the feedback.
Charles...

2007 Smurf SEUC, Birthdate 9/11/06

Proud to be an American Infidel!

ajh

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 11:14:40 AM »

Charles,

To answer your questions:

I believe they're going through Drag Specialties.  I'm a little concerned about getting an older model, that's maybe been sitting on a shelf for a while (that's the way my luck goes).

ALL distributers only carry the newest Gen2 modules. They never stocked the Gen1's so old stock is not an issue.

1. How can I make sure I get the latest model with the latest firmware (I see it's currently version 17.9)?  I think I see the physical configuration has changed recently.

This one is easy. The current Firmware is 4.4, if you happen to get one with let's say a 4.2, there's an option in the SmartLink software for "Firmware Upgrade". You don't even have to call to find out if you have the newest firmware, or to upgrade it. Just let the software do it for you! Internet connection is a must. The SmartLink IV Software is currently at 17.9, but again, just select "Update SmartLink" and if there's an update, it will update for you. Because we're constantly improving the product as feedback comes to us, and as HD constantly changes their bikes, we will upgrade the firmware and the software in the future. Do you have to call and get a CD mailed when we make an improvement? Absolutely not, Both can be upgraded very easily without dealing with anyone!

2. Would I have to buy directly from Thunder-Max to make sure I get the latest and greatest model?

Nope, buy anywhere!

3. If I get an older model/firmware, will Thunder-Max work with me to upgrade?

I've already written about the firmware/software, so consider those issues a non-issue. You can upgrade it yourself!

The Gen1 vs Gen2 debate is easy too, we are out of Gen1's (we do sell these factory refurbished for a price cut IF you call Zipper's and specify), but any new modules sold are Gen2's. "Old Stock" is not an issue because as soon as we make them, they go out the door!

4. I want to install this without any intake or exhaust changes, for maybe the first 500 to 1000 miles.  Is this one of the base maps?

The closest Base map was generated with a stock platform, the only change is an air filter. This will work just fine even if you don't change your air filter at the start. It always takes mileage for the Auto-Tune to work, but I would not expect it to take long to work out a simple filter difference.  The big changes that require a new map are throttle body, engine size, and exhaust system.

I would recommend downloading the software and instructions from the www.Thunder-Max.com website. This will give you an early start on learning the software and looking at all of the Base Maps we've generated.

Thanks for asking, this information will help everyone!
Adam

Pbody

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 01:54:47 PM »

Charles,
To answer your questions:

Thanks for asking, this information will help everyone!
Adam

Adam,
Awesome feedback--thanks!  I think this forum has covered every possible angle on the TM/AT.  Additionally, I'm impressed with the high level of Customer Service (quick response and detailed explanations) you've provided here.  I downloaded all associated pdf files earlier and just finished browsing through them.  I'll place my order by the end of the day.
Take care.
Charles...
2007 Smurf SEUC, Birthdate 9/11/06

Proud to be an American Infidel!

myfxdse07

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 04:44:43 PM »

Have anyone install the Vance & Hines Big Radius exhaust with the TM\AT? I talk to a rep at Zipper and they said they have heard some complaints about slight back-fire on throttle dowm. They said it because the pipes are short and w too mush curve. I like the looks but performance is my goal.
Tks,
Manny

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 12:22:36 PM »

I was originally convinced that I was going SERT, but looking at TMAT, I like the idea that I don't need to go back and dyno everytime I make a change!! I live at 5000', and ride up over 11,000 sometimes, and down to 100' so this would be ideal for me. I have an 05, so I'll have to weld in the bungs for the O2 sensors, but that's no big deal. All the comments above are positive, does anyone know of any down side of the TMAT vs the SERT?

One more thing, what is the list price on the TMAT? I find the TM price on their site, but can't find the TMAT price.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 12:55:59 PM by Talon »

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 02:52:24 PM »

On Zanotti site :
http://www.shopzanottimotor.com/shop/productdetail.htm?productId=3877686&browse=23225&shopBy=4045&catalogId=643

For 01-07 models w/ Delphi EFI
Part#: 1020-0323 List Price: $869.95 (USD)
Our Price: $739.46 (USD)
You Save: $130.49 (USD)

Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 03:32:08 PM »

On Zanotti site :
http://www.shopzanottimotor.com/shop/productdetail.htm?productId=3877686&browse=23225&shopBy=4045&catalogId=643

For 01-07 models w/ Delphi EFI
Part#: 1020-0323 List Price: $869.95 (USD)
Our Price: $739.46 (USD)
You Save: $130.49 (USD)

Jacques

Pretty sure that's less than I paid Zippers for the prior generation hardware.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.