Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ve table??  (Read 978 times)

ultraglide12

ve table??
« on: November 21, 2019, 09:41:11 PM »

The way the manual reads is to set the entire afr table to 13.2 and tune the VE tables until you actually have 13.2 afras measured. so if i have to make the ve  @13.2 what would the 13.2 in ve table?

IA17RGU

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • LA
Re: ve table??
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 09:48:21 AM »

Um. What book is telling you that?  You need to be more concerned with lambda. 1= perfectly burnt (consumed) fuel. From there you can make pulls and try to fatten up your afr if the bike responds to it. Like where I used to live 13.8:1 was good seat of the pants power with out spending the day in the dyno.

So the classes say 14.7 is good mileage. 12.? Is best power and tune to your liking. It’s a trade off. My bike 117” m8, got great mileage over 14.x but is way faster mid to high 13s. It’s really is that sensitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rigidthumper

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 10:36:39 AM »

The way the manual reads is to set the entire afr table to 13.2 and tune the VE tables until you actually have 13.2 afras measured. so if i have to make the ve  @13.2 what would the 13.2 in ve table?
Setting AFR to a specific # ( in this case 13.2) is simply a "request". Setting all requested AFR to 1 number just reduces the variables you have to deal with.
The idea is, you can adjust the VE table up or down until you get whatever the requested # is. You must have a way to measure O2 in the pipe, and then use that data to adjust the VE table.
Examples:
If you ask for 13.2 in the front cylinder @ 2500 RPM/30% throttle, and the O2 sensor reads 14.2, then you are 1 full AFR lean, so you would increase the VE table Front cylinder @ 2500 RPM/30% throttle 20 points.
If you ask for 13.2 in the front cylinder @ 2250 RPM/30% throttle, and the O2 sensor reads 12.2, then you are 1 full AFR rich, so you would decrease the VE table Front cylinder @ 2500 RPM/30% throttle 20 points.

AFR tuning involves measuring all throttle positions/both cylinders & adjusting VE tables until AFR measured = AFR desired. Once that is done, tuning for efficiency/power/drive ability can be accomplished.

ultraglide12

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 02:57:11 PM »

Um. What book is telling you that?

screaming beagle pro tuner

faster and more efficient to:
1. Set AFR Table to a flat 13.2 in all cells
2. Adjust VE tables as needed to achieve a measured 13.2 AFR with your AFR meter in
all running conditions.
2. Perform a complete set of tests while measuring front and rear cylinder AFR with a two probe

IA17RGU

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • LA
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 04:31:35 PM »

I tried that on my first two bikes on the dyno. And I thought it worked pretty well. Then I got a tts bike to work with so I called. Cuz I was trained on harley and have worked a bit with power vision. So I’m talking to these folks and the fella on the phone said you can yank on the afr’s all you want but the bike will fight you. Always. All the time. Your adjusting the be table telling the bike that it should be seeing this. If you have the ability. And with the test pilot or ride mode or what ever the pro tuner calls it...go log data and bring it bavk to the pc. You wanna dis able all the spark knock safety stuff. Make all the power adders come in at like 10,000 rpm ( I.e. never!!) theee are like 3-5 things to kill and then!!!!  Figure out what your fuel really is. What ever octane you use. Google your city and your octane. Once you have that number you convert that to the lambda table. I wanna say I was looking for 13.8 in Louisiana. Was like .98 or .95 lambda. Set all the cells from idea to 6500 to this and make them all adjustable. Go do the auto tune test ride data pilot. What ever it’s called. The bike will fix it self!!!!!  NOW you can go play with yanking on the VE to fine tune chit.

I was told this was a more effective way to tune the bike. And the guy I was talking to writes for master tune tts and created the box you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 24 queries.