Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Fullsac vs D&D Boss Fat Cat  (Read 6732 times)

joejoebobo

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
Re: Fullsac vs D&D Boss Fat Cat
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2020, 01:09:49 PM »

Stock header w/ cat and V&H High Output Slip-ons (SERT)

-Joe

joejoebobo

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2020, 01:11:08 PM »

Fullsac X Pipe with 2.25" baffles installed on stock CVO Muffler - tuned with TTS

-Joe

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2020, 08:13:17 AM »

...installed

I'm very happy with the going the Fullsac header and 2.25" baffles (w/ TTS). Everything was relatively easy to install and I learned quite a bit more about how my bike is put together. Nick Sebastian's 3 part videos really helped out a lot! I've only been riding about 2 years and never took on a project like this on my own... in his words "If I can do it, YOU can do it."

Sound: I let the bike run for a bit before taking it out... right off the bat, I love the sound... exactly what I think a touring bike should sound like. Nice and throaty with an intense rev up. While cruising at 50mph it almost seemed more quiet than my previous set up,  I'll post some vids showing sound difference.

Performance: I did notice an increase in low end torque at take off and with every gear switch. It felt like a pretty consistent pull throughout the gear. I down shifted a few times to test it out and for sure noticed a better jump. Accelerating at high RPMs felt about the same.

Thanks to everyone for chiming in to help narrow down my search. I don't believe I would be as happy if I choose a difference option. Special thanks to Steve and Fullsac for taking the time to answer all my questions.

Thanks for the Shout out Larry!

Thank You Joe for your business and posting up your videos and riding impressions! I really appreciate it!
Ride safe!

Steve@fullsac.com

« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 08:15:01 AM by Fullsac Performance »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

joe98

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2020, 09:31:58 PM »

Joe you made an excellent choice.  I went with the DX pipe and the 2” baffles in my stock CVO mufflers on a 2012 CVO Street Glide.  Extremely happy with the sound, performance and customer service and support I received from Steve at Fullsac.  He is a class act.  Unfortunately, the shop I chose to install the whole package put a hole in one the mufflers , they did replace it and the bike ran great with Steve’s map for the TTS Mastertune. 

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2020, 08:00:29 AM »

Fullsac head pipes are an excellent choice for some one who wants to be able to make good power, and have reasonable sound.  I have been very happy with the DX head pipe on my TX with 2.25 baffles, the bike is built and makes 13.5 HP and 140 TQ.

Well complete the Tune on my M8 build yesterday.  It has the MX head Pipe and 2.25 baffles with tech mat an screens.  It makes 163 HP and 167 torque.  Has an impressive torque curve, and sounds great.  M8 section has dyno run sheet and build specs.

Very pleased with Fullsac.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

joejoebobo

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2020, 08:28:40 AM »

Fullsac head pipes are an excellent choice for some one who wants to be able to make good power, and have reasonable sound.  I have been very happy with the DX head pipe on my TX with 2.25 baffles, the bike is built and makes 13.5 HP and 140 TQ.

Well complete the Tune on my M8 build yesterday.  It has the MX head Pipe and 2.25 baffles with tech mat an screens.  It makes 163 HP and 167 torque.  Has an impressive torque curve, and sounds great.  M8 section has dyno run sheet and build specs.

Very pleased with Fullsac.

163HP/167TQ???? DAMN! I wouldn't mind seeing that dyno chart... I've already added a few hundred miles with this setup from Fullsac... it's like a whole new bike. Every time I park it - I can't wait to take it back out. Met a guy the other day (2012 CV SG) with stock header and Rineharts slip ons... he kept bragging about his sound and asked me to start mine up... no chit - you should have seen his face change... can't thank everyone enough for pointing me in the right direction.
-Joe

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2020, 06:35:11 AM »

163HP/167TQ???? DAMN! I wouldn't mind seeing that dyno chart... I've already added a few hundred miles with this setup from Fullsac... it's like a whole new bike. Every time I park it - I can't wait to take it back out. Met a guy the other day (2012 CV SG) with stock header and Rineharts slip ons... he kept bragging about his sound and asked me to start mine up... no chit - you should have seen his face change... can't thank everyone enough for pointing me in the right direction.

Build details and the Dyno run is posted in the M8 section.  I love the fact its mellow at cruising speed of 75 mph, but when you get on it, it sounds very good.  Important it me as I ride a lot of miles a year.

https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=120673.msg1508650#new
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

joejoebobo

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2020, 07:53:35 AM »

Build details and the Dyno run is posted in the M8 section.  I love the fact its mellow at cruising speed of 75 mph, but when you get on it, it sounds very good.  Important it me as I ride a lot of miles a year.

https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=120673.msg1508650#new

Incredible - well done!
-Joe
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 24 queries.