Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: New Indians, Again.  (Read 4101 times)

resqdoc

• Full CVO Member
  • de oppresso libre
    • MT

Re: New Indians, Again.
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 10:14:49 AM »

As far as the name being offensive for the PC crowd, I doubt it. I work for the "Indian Health Service." We have hospitals with names like Gallup Indian Medical Center and Phoenix Indian Medical Center. Any whining or complaining seems to come from well intentioned caucasians concerned that someone "might" consider that offensive, or maybe some guy living in an urban center that clains to be 1/32 Cherokee.
2007 FLHRSE3 with D&D Fatcats, SERT, AK-40 & Bitubo 330 mm, Glide-Pro, Clearview windscreen

veech

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2009, 10:55:50 AM »

As far as the name being offensive for the PC crowd, I doubt it. I work for the "Indian Health Service." We have hospitals with names like Gallup Indian Medical Center and Phoenix Indian Medical Center. Any whining or complaining seems to come from well intentioned caucasians concerned that someone "might" consider that offensive, or maybe some guy living in an urban center that clains to be 1/32 Cherokee.

I for one am absolutely fed up with the PC bull that has permeated our collective consciousness in America.  What ever happened to freedom of speech?  I personally think we should shut up the PC police by stuffing their mouths with kielbasa.

I enjoyed the looks, handling and comments.....the reliability due to unproven poor engineering was the real issue in the failure IMHO. They are dam nice looking this was $24K in 2002 and I had another 5K in goodies, chrome, lowering kit. By the way they hired boo-coo engineers and a couple X H-D execs to create some reality this time. The management has ahad success with 2 other icons- Chris Craft and I believe Riva the Italian boat maker.

I wish them skill because you have to make your own luck!

I too hope they do well, but also have my doubts.  The last incarnation was actually on the right road.  The reliability issues they faced somewhat comes with the territory when tooling up a new product line, much less a whole new company.  Hell, HD has been around a 100 years and still doesn't usually get it right the first time.

A little known but main contributing factor to the last failure of Indian had to do with financing.  Their original business plan budgeted 100 million dollars for the company's development.  After about 50 million into the project (right after they FINALLY came out with their own 'bottlecap' motor) the investors decided to pull out due to cold feet.  Hopefully the new company's experience with Chris-Craft will give them a wiser/better perspective.

jettjocky

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 0/B 09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2009, 11:42:02 AM »

I really would like to see this brand come back, price by the way will NOT be an issue for the customers they are targeting,  again I hope they make it.
10.5 SE pistons, roller rocker arms, Headquarters  575 cams, SE push rods. 100 HP. 119 lbs. torque Progressive F/R
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.