Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Rearended and caught on camera  (Read 3408 times)

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Rearended and caught on camera
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 09:41:06 AM »

Very interesting observation.  And how many more people will have to be crippled or killed by drivers using phones before our new mobile phone addiction is curbed?  Distracted drivers now out-weigh my fear of deer on the roads while riding.  :nervous: spyder

Cell phone addicts.  My #1 fear as of late.
I parked near an intersection to eat my lunch the other day,  It's astounding to see the amount of drivers coming through the intersection either looking in their laps or blatently fondling the forking thing as they pass by.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 10:07:58 AM by aclass »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 09:49:21 AM »

txting was banned here not too long ago. sitting at a traffic light last night the lady in the SUV next to me was reading email on her crack-berry.

i can here her excuse now. "but i wasnt txting"
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 10:43:03 AM »

sorry is the magic word used by cagers  >:(

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 07:22:21 PM »

txting was banned here not too long ago. sitting at a traffic light last night the lady in the SUV next to me was reading email on her crack-berry.

i can here her excuse now. "but i wasnt txting"

Handheld electronic devices while a vehicle is in operation were banned here as well.

Exception is Emergency responders (police, fire, ambulance) in the course of their work...

The law is basically unenforcable anyway...

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 07:48:05 PM »

Handheld electronic devices while a vehicle is in operation were banned here as well.

Exception is Emergency responders (police, fire, ambulance) in the course of their work...

The law is basically unenforceable anyway...

Therein lies the problem with all the BS laws and regulations passed by self serving politicians.  People in this country have been ignoring rules and regulations and getting away with it for ages, and the cell phone/texting laws are the worst to date for lack of compliance and enforcement.  There is only one way to stop this, and it involves technology that already exists.  Once a vehicle is moving, the devices should be deactivated.  It's already possible with software on cell phones that have GPS chips, and I imagine it wouldn't be difficult to also add systems to vehicles to block the ability of hand held devices, laptops, etc. to communicate with the outside world when the vehicle is in motion.  If that text or call is so important, pull off the road and stop.  For those of us with a few grey hairs, it is still easier than what we had to do in our day.  Need to make a call, you pulled off the road and found a pay phone at a gas station.  Now all I ask is that they pull off the road to make a call from the comfort of their car.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 07:48:55 PM »

sorry is the magic word used by cagers  >:(

Mi Amigo Jorge,

I understand that's what palm trees say about you too!   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 07:52:15 PM »

Therein lies the problem with all the BS laws and regulations passed by self serving politicians.  People in this country have been ignoring rules and regulations and getting away with it for ages, and the cell phone/texting laws are the worst to date for lack of compliance and enforcement.  There is only one way to stop this, and it involves technology that already exists.  Once a vehicle is moving, the devices should be deactivated.  It's already possible with software on cell phones that have GPS chips, and I imagine it wouldn't be difficult to also add systems to vehicles to block the ability of hand held devices, laptops, etc. to communicate with the outside world when the vehicle is in motion.  If that text or call is so important, pull off the road and stop.  For those of us with a few grey hairs, it is still easier than what we had to do in our day.  Need to make a call, you pulled off the road and found a pay phone at a gas station.  Now all I ask is that they pull off the road to make a call from the comfort of their car.

Jerry

I think an issue with that technology, Jerry, is it also would prevent passengers from texting or making cell phone calls....  :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2011, 08:06:52 PM »

I think an issue with that technology, Jerry, is it also would prevent passengers from texting or making cell phone calls....  :nixweiss:

That's OK by me Scott.  If they can't stand being incommunicado for short periods of time, maybe they need to just stay home and off the streets.  I'd hazard a guess that at least 90% of the calls and text messages to and from moving cars are not essential communications.  Just because it's possible to be in constant communication doesn't mean it's necessary or even a good idea.

BTW, in case you missed it, it's not just a hazard on the highways.  Not long ago an idiot walked straight into a water fountain in a mall while texting.  And it turns out she worked in the mall and should have known the water fountain was there.  At least in that case the only harm was to the idiot, not some innocent bystander.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

hogasm

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 06:30:27 PM »

Looks like she said she was sorry, as she slid her cell phone into her left pocket !

Caught that also
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.