Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 08 FXDSE2  (Read 3827 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
08 FXDSE2
« on: July 09, 2007, 11:14:08 AM »

first look
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

soulfly

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King Anniversary FLHRSE5 #165
    • CVO2: (2007 CVO Dyna Twilight Blue Ice Blue Pearl/Granite)
Re: 08 FXDSE2
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 03:18:43 PM »

Nice new 08 screamin' eagle.  But, I am happy I bought the 07.  Why did they get rid of the way the handle bars were designed?  And the gas gauge & cap is on the tank again........The design of the new springer cvo with the cone air cleaner is bad ass.  And the new softail rocker would have been a nice intro in a cvo. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 06:34:51 PM by soulfly »
THE MORE SERIOUSLY I TOOK THINGS, THE HARDER THE RULES BECAME.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 06:09:32 PM »

Nice new 08 screamin' eagle.  But, I am happy I bought the 07.  Why did they gid rid of the way the handle bars were designed?  And the gas gauge & cap is on the tank again........The design of the new springer cvo with the cone air cleaner is bad ass.  And the new softail rocker would have been a nice intro in a cvo. 

I definitely think you got the best of the deal, last year. The '08's seem like a step back with the finer details, of which you mentioned a few. And the paint doesn't come close IMO.

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 07:05:10 PM »

Interesting to see them go with a 21 inch front tire on this model and drop it from the springer. :-\

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 07:10:31 PM »

I hear ya Aircooled...BTW have you intro'd yourself Konichiwa if you haven't.  I think of the Springer as a refined delicate bike not a fatboy with a springer front end just doesn't seem to mix well IMHO.  I like the 21 and glad I bought an '07...do like the AC and black/grey tho.

Seegarz :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

Rides2007Harley

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 10:40:24 AM »

I will follow the crowd here and glad I bought the 07 instead of waiting for the new 08's.  I like the paint scheme much better on the 07 models.

scagnetti

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 03:37:02 AM »

I definitely have to agree with the above posts. I have an 07' and I couldn't believe that they literally changed the best features on the bike. The handlebar/gauge setup and the console on the gas tank. I like the paint and wheels on last years bike as well. I think the new ones aren't nearly as clean and refined looking. Glad I bought the 07'.

HDbeerman

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 11:47:18 AM »

"The handlebar/gauge setup and the console on the gas tank. I like the paint and wheels on last years bike as well. I think the new ones aren't nearly as clean and refined looking."

I think they changed the bars due to the vibration problems. With the new set up it's easy to change to any kind of bars and they sell more parts.

I like my '07 better also. The fuel fill is sooooo.. much cleaner looking!

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 12:09:22 PM »

I must whole heartedly concur with all of you, I am SOOO glad I got the '07. The look of the fuel cap on the center
"console" is such a clean/sweet look. The swept handlebars are awesome on the '07, and the paint schemes are so much better. I had to modify my boots to reach the forward controls, as I am just a Hobbit sized l'il fella-took 'em to a guy that does shoe repair and added 2" to the sole. I call them my Peter Boyle Memorial Boots-super duper (putting on the ritz)   :cucumber: cool as a cucumber!
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

FXDSEwannabe

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 09:18:59 PM »

The '08 also has a shorter wheelbase and overall length when compared to the '07 on the specs.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.