Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Buying a Zumo..need your advice on Who to buy from  (Read 2378 times)

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, but rather the journey
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
Buying a Zumo..need your advice on Who to buy from
« on: January 08, 2007, 05:35:51 PM »

OK, after all the threads on which is the best, I've decided to go with the Zumo 550.  My question to all of you is who has the best deal and who has the best customer service.  I also want to make sure whoever I buy from, that they are suported by the Garmin factory; in other words, warranty, software updates, etc.  Appreciate your help [smiley=drink.gif]

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Buying a Zumo..need your advice on Who to buy
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 05:51:07 PM »

Hog...I've bought two from this place:  http://www.gpsonsale.com/garmin/products/Zumo.htm

Their current price is $699.95.  I've had no issues with their service/delivery.  
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 06:04:34 PM »

TC,

Thanks for the input.  Do you know what their refund policy is?  Can you actually call them or is everything on line?  Thanks again [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 06:29:06 PM »

TC,

Thanks for the input.  Do you know what their refund policy is?  Can you actually call them or is everything on line?  Thanks again [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I have called them to order both of mine, as I got a couple of other things at the same time.  Sorry, but do not know their refund policy other than the 30 day thing they have on the website.  Garmin posts updates for software on their home page, so it's not necessary to go through GPSonline for those kinds of things.  Both times I ordered from them, stuff was in stock and shipped right away.  

They also sell factory refurbished stuff waay cheap, with full factory warranty.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 12:27:38 PM »

OK, so here's the update;  I searched around and found a place, (Comp-u-Plus), that I was able to purchase the Zumo for $689.05, plus $14.95 S&H.  This is the best price I have been able to find.  I also checked with Garmin to confirm that they are indeed a Certified Garmin Reseller.  I can't wait to get the unit and get it installed.  I had the HD unit, but took it back to the HD dealer for a refund as it kept falling off!  I will post pics when I get it mounted.  Thanks for all the help. [smiley=banana.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 08:17:39 PM »

I had the HD unit, but took it back to the HD dealer for a refund as it kept falling off!

Fairing or handlebar mount?  If the handlebar mount this is the first I remember reading of that mount having problems.  If the fairing mount what are you doing about the mount hole?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 09:13:46 PM »

Just got my Zumo 550 from PcNation.com Came as order brand new in the box 708.00
Only issue I had with the order was it was shipped and in transit, but for whatever reason their online computer didnt update that it went out.   They didnt know why, but I called to ask and they gave me the tracking number, just had to wait for the sales person to call the warehouse to get the number.

Good Service and a good price and works great!

www.pcnation.com

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 03:19:15 PM »

Fairing or handlebar mount?  If the handlebar mount this is the first I remember reading of that mount having problems.  If the fairing mount what are you doing about the mount hole?

Twolanerider,

The HD unit I had was the fairing mount system.  I had several call with Garmin about the problem, and they said they created a new cradle, which they sent me but looked the same, and they said HD created a new fairing mount part.  When I talked to HD, they said " we don't have a new part".  So, I used the new cradle with the original mount, and guess what; it fell off again!! >:(  I was able to catch it when it fell off, and I went to the dealer and said enough...I want my $ back, and they agreed.  Unfortunately I now have holes in my inner fairing, which should partially be covered with a new dash pad, but the top hole I still have to figure out what I can do...maybe a medallion or some custome paint work.  Not sure yet.  As far as Garmin goes, they have great customer service, but when trying to talk to their engineering, it's been impossible!  I thought they would love to hear from their users, but have never been contacted or put through to them.  Anyway, thought I had had enough, and am going to the handlebar mount.  Hopefully I won't have anymore issues.  I love having the GPS and it really came in handy on my trip last summer to Sturgis.

BaronStump

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 10:17:42 AM »

While we're on the topic; anyone have any decent pricing on either the ZUMO 550 or 2820 for Europe vice North America?  Prices over here are high enough...then tack on some very ridiculous taxes...21% in Belgium.
Thanks -Stump
'06 FLHTCUSE Haze-n-Black
Too Numerous to List
1999 Indian Chief (Custom Paint - Red)
ThunderHeart Single Fire
Woods W6H Prowler Cam
HackerLabs Hacker B
Too Much Chrome & Engine changes to list

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 25 queries.