Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ***SHOCKING*** A question about 665 Zumo  (Read 1157 times)

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
***SHOCKING*** A question about 665 Zumo
« on: April 11, 2013, 05:35:12 PM »

I am guessing this is the 50th (or so) thread on Zumos, so here is one more. Just bought a Zumo 665 ( Road Tech version ) and I just bought an XM module from 1abastarsmda ( fellow CVO member )  last week. So here is what I need to know: 1) If I install the Zumo with the NIM module how good does XM sound through this unit? 2) Is it only gonna play on AUX? 3) Can I get just weather/traffic subscription for GPS, and still install the XM module with its on subscription, or just do it all with the GPS? HK XM module always seems to have low volume.

I know I threw a lot of questions out there, but I only want to open fairing once, ( HATE removing and reinstalling!!!) I already have CVO saddlebag expansion kit so I believe I have all the connections I am going to need. Oh! I almost forgot, this is for an 2012 FLTRSEX.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
Re: ***SHOCKING*** A question about 665 Zumo
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 05:42:14 PM »

OH CRAP! should say FLTRXSE!!!!!!!  Although an FLTRSEX might be a big seller on this site!
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: ***SHOCKING*** A question about 665 Zumo
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 08:30:19 AM »

If I install the Zumo with the NIM module how good does XM sound through this unit?

I do not have any problems with the GPS XM but then I am not an audio buff, it sounds OK to me.

2) Is it only gonna play on AUX?

You have to use the Auxiliary Input to hear Weather, Traffic, XM Radio, or MP3 songs that you install on a micro SD card and install in the GPS. A bit confusing here but the ONLY thing the NIM will interrupt the radio for is Turn Prompts. To hear any thing else from the GPS you need to use the AUX Input and the radio must be in the AUX mode. You can go here (www.hdbomm.com) there is a lot of information here on all this.

3) Can I get just weather/traffic subscription for GPS, and still install the XM module with its on subscription, or just do it all with the GPS?

Do is all with the GPS it will be less confusing.

If you are still confused you can always email me or give me a call and I will attempt to clarify things.

Jim@hdbomm.com
302-670-6368

Ride It Like You Are Retired

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.