Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: What's New With EVO's These Days?  (Read 16546 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
What's New With EVO's These Days?
« on: August 05, 2007, 02:26:03 PM »

This winter's gonna be time to freshen up the top end of my '85 4-speed EVO. I can get new SE EVO heads for $550. Are they any good? I was gonna match them with the 10.5:1 SE forged pistons made for the heads. Anyone ever run this? I run a Sifton 140 cam. Any better cam suggestions with the SE top end? I can get the S&S heads and pistons for about $500 more. Would it make much difference? S&S cam? I haven't kept up recently and was wondering if there are any other good cheap packages out there.

My bottom end is still OK. The early EVO's have a Shovelhead bottom end, with the heavy flywheels. It's a 4-speed frame with a Wide Glide front end. What's the latest and greatest from any of you guys that still remember EVO's? ::) Thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: What's New With EVO's These Days?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 10:24:09 AM »

I found this on Zanotti's Lookup this morning. I can't believe it's correct. I sent them an email asking if it's correct, and if so, to order 1 for me.

16177-99, Engine 1340 Silver/Chrome, $428.04

Maybe they have one they have to get rid of. Maybe it's a typo. I'll find out soon!

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 11:10:20 AM »

I found this on Zanotti's Lookup this morning. I can't believe it's correct. I sent them an email asking if it's correct, and if so, to order 1 for me.

Maybe they have one they have to get rid of. Maybe it's a typo. I'll find out soon!

Hoist! 8)

Hoist

Order two.
An EVO in the scooters should be fun!
And I mean the SCOOTERS!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 08:30:06 PM »

Hoist! 8)

Well Hoist

I'm still waiting!
 8) 8) 8) 8)

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 09:28:44 PM »

Well Hoist

I'm still waiting!
 8) 8) 8) 8)

No go! I knew it was an error. And Zanotti's doesn't do Internet Engines and Frames either. They said it shouldn't have been listed. I spoke with Wes and he said the SE Heads and Pistons are good. Especially for that price. He'll set me up with the cam and lifters, and I'll get the rest at HD. I think I'm gonna go for the TP Engineering oil pump too! I guess you guys are too young to know what EVO's are! ;D No recommendations for anything but a 50cc Scooter? What's up with that? :nixweiss: ;D

Hoist! 8)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 09:57:32 PM »

No go! I knew it was an error. And Zanotti's doesn't do Internet Engines and Frames either. They said it shouldn't have been listed. I spoke with Wes and he said the SE Heads and Pistons are good. Especially for that price. He'll set me up with the cam and lifters, and I'll get the rest at HD. I think I'm gonna go for the TP Engineering oil pump too! I guess you guys are too young to know what EVO's are! ;D No recommendations for anything but a 50cc Scooter? What's up with that? :nixweiss: ;D

Hoist! 8)

Hey Bud

Got some hot new scooters coming.
Ordered two so we could race!
50cc, water cooled, fuel injected, all the good stuff.
A factory racing scooter.
Rode one last week, HOT DAMN, we was sold!

:2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 10:02:05 PM by Silver-Black »

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 09:33:46 AM »

Hey Bud

Got some hot new scooters coming.
Ordered two so we could race!
50cc, water cooled, fuel injected, all the good stuff.
A factory racing scooter.
Rode one last week, HOT DAMN, we was sold!

:2vrolijk_21:

They sound like fun Chip! You know if you drop that Evo in there, you'll have to pay them taxes and insurance for it! ::) In my neighborhood on those things, I'd look like the Chinese delivery guy! ;D

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 04:54:59 PM »

OK, I think I found the replacement engine of my dreams (for now) for my '85 4-speed Evo Wide Glide. I'm looking for a brand new, w/MSO, S&S 4" Bore 113" Evo Style Engine, in Natural finish, a complete long block, completely assembled by S&S, w/Super G carb and S&S IST ignition. This is sold as a package and carries a 3 year P&L W.....ty! I was wondering if anyone had any connections for new S&S Engines, that might be able to hook me up. Please PM me if you think you can help me obtain one reasonably. It's shown in the J&P Cycles Catalog for $6250. I'm hoping for much cheaper than that. ;) Here's the link to the engine on the J&P site: http://www.jpcycles.com/catalog/2007HarleyCatalog/0512.asp

Thanks gang! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 05:00:27 PM by Hoist »

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 09:16:47 PM »

I will check with my friend at the dealership,,,he can most likely get me 15-20 % off their cost...
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 07:28:52 AM »

building a fatvo right now. thats evo bottom, tc88 top bored to 3.875. 100 cubic inch with much better port design and easier to manage squish. projjjecting 100/100 with mild cam.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 09:48:41 AM »

Hoist give me a call we are a S&S service center as well a dealer. I also have another vendor that has some great prices on complete S&S engines as well dropme aline on what you need and what color. We can go from there. And dont give me crap about not know what a evo is.

P.S. the engine i have on the bench now would make you drool!!!  53 pan 100% STOCK!!!!  Been in storage for the past 33 years, The customer has the complete bike . Next step will be to bring it back with new paint and some of the small parts are missing but overall the bike is 97% stock.
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 10:20:05 AM »

Hoist give me a call we are a S&S service center as well a dealer. I also have another vendor that has some great prices on complete S&S engines as well dropme aline on what you need and what color. We can go from there. And dont give me crap about not know what a evo is.

P.S. the engine i have on the bench now would make you drool!!!  53 pan 100% STOCK!!!!  Been in storage for the past 33 years, The customer has the complete bike . Next step will be to bring it back with new paint and some of the small parts are missing but overall the bike is 97% stock.

Hey Steve, how's it going? I had ordered the S&S 113" engine in silver for $5100. Then I started looking into getting rid of the 4-speed keywayed tapered shaft transmission, which requires new clutch assembly, inner and outer primary, new starter, etc. You know the drill. Started getting pricey for an '85 overhaul. 2 weeks later, we got a special offer from CCI. New Revtech 110" w/6-speed Revtech Trans, heavy duty clutch, inner and outer primaries, comp sprocket, chain, sprockets, 1.7 KW starter, etc. A complete builder series driveline. Cancelled the S&S and ordered the RevTech package. I know, Revtech? But for the $$, I'll be fine with it.  Since I'm getting a new front end w/Traxxion AK-20 conversion, BiTubos, PM brakes for complete bike overhaul. Didn't want to spend more than 10 grand to overhaul this bike. This package keeps it in budget. Appreciate your offer, but the driveline came in last week. Front end should be in this week, and forks getting shipped to Traxxion immediately after. So this overhaul has already started.

I like keeping everything local. My friend has a great shop in LI. Haven't had the best experience shipping stuff back and forth across the country, and getting someone local to install. Then they wash their hands of it when something happens, like the dealer did with my SERK just now. Dealer assembled the engine, screwed it up, and now due to all the time they spent already, don't want to stand behind it. I supplied all the parts, they screwed up the assembly, now they're done. I'm having my friend build an entire new engine for my SERK, from the bottom up, including new cases. He'll get the Timkin conversion done, new flywheels and rods, and use most of the new top end on it. I'll convert now to gear drive cams and R&R camplate, with the same grind cam as the original hot rod top end I have now. Not really looking for better numbers. I was real happy with the performance. But I need it assembled properly. I am looking for a bulletproof engine, not just a bulletproof top end.

That's why I'm doing the same with my '85. One guy ordering, building and assembling everything. Full responsibility with one shop. No finger pointing. And I'm out of the middle. Tired of getting stuck in the middle. I want a no questions asked responsibility with both bikes. And someplace I can go 20 minutes to have that service.

Thanks for looking out man! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 11:37:00 AM »

hey steve, we have a pan for sale.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 01:01:12 PM »

PAN for sale huh??   :D I like to work on them when they belong to customers but I will pass ;).  Kinda like kids they are great when they visit as long as they go HOME!!   he he
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 01:13:39 PM »

PAN for sale huh??   :D I like to work on them when they belong to customers but I will pass ;).  Kinda like kids they are great when they visit as long as they go HOME!!   he he

lol, yep. im gonna get around to finishing that build soon. pan coming out, fatvo going in. pan is 120 inch and is for sale tho.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 21 queries.