Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Evo Hoist Bobber! A New Build From Old Parts!!!  (Read 45664 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Evo Hoist Bobber! A New Build From Old Parts!!!
« on: December 30, 2008, 05:28:39 PM »

Well, the Hoist Bobber began mock up today. The old 80" hot rodded Evo motor and 4-speed trans from my '85 FXWG are now sitting in the new Paugho Rigid Frame I picked up. Got a nice peanut tank that I'll have them "Frisco" to get the bottom of the tank to follow the lines of the frame. Round oil tank with built-in battery tray. Fatboy wheels F&R with the same Conti 16"s on both. Complete original WG fork from the FXWG, with the original levers and front brake. 8" Flanders Bars on 6" risers. Reusing the old Girling caliper for rear. Buddy's fabricating a "cutoff" rear fender for it. Want to run a solo seat on this one. No jockey shift Mike.  This bike will be getting completely mocked up so welding of any tabs, etc can be done before sending the frame out for powdercoating. This bike can easily be done by spring if they can stay at it. :2vrolijk_21:

Yeah, I know,  :worthless: ;D ;D ;D

Binx left with the camera before I got to see the Hoist Bobber mock up. So pics will have to follow now. Oh well, something for ya'll to look forward to! ::) ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 12:40:46 AM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Evo Hoist Bobber! A New Build From Old Parts!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 06:23:03 PM »

Well believe it or not, the mock up's mostly complete. Hopefully can get pics on Sat. We have to order 3-1/2" shorter fork tubes for the WG front end. The frame's basically a stock 30 deg rigid wishbone frame setup for an Evo. Also, I can't find a round oil tank with a battery box small enough to fit. I'd need about a 4" round one and the smallest one I found was 5". Looks like I'll have to use the Horseshoe Style. Bummer! Kinda had my heart set on a round spun alum oil tank. And I need an FXE size battery in this bike for the electric start. No place to put one but under the seat in the oil tank. I'm not going kick only either just to get the round tank! Bates style Diamond Pleated Charcoal Grey Metal Flake Bobber Seat with 2 Billet Coil Over Shocks on the rear of the seat w.hinged front! Might save my back a lil grief! No controls at all. A car type spring-loaded keyed ignition switch for the starter, a "bulb type" bicycle horn, front master cyl perch and clutch perch w/levers only-no controls, no signals, no speedo or idiot lights, and bicycle style Charcoal Grey Metal Flake handgrips. This will about as old school and stripped down as I can get it, while still having a battery, electric start, and hydraulic disc brakes.

I'm thinking to powdercoat the frame Black, and maybe have the tank and chopped rear fender match the Charcoal Grey Sparkle Seat. No front fender. Youze got any ideas on paint for it? I'll listen. Just don't be surprised if it winds up Rattle Can Flat Black! ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 12:45:10 AM by Hoist! »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 06:24:35 PM »

You've got more bikes than Chip does Howie.

That's saying a lot

B B

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 06:24:45 PM »

We will be waiting  :2vrolijk_21:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 06:27:12 PM »

You've got more bikes than Chip does Howie.

That's saying a lot

B B

Just doin what I love Brother!!! Happy New Year to you and Linda B B!!! :drink: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 06:28:21 PM »

We will be waiting  :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Dave! I'll try not to disappoint! ;)

And a Healthy and Happy one to you and Helen, Dave! :drink: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 06:32:17 PM »

Well believe it or not, the mock up's mostly complete. Hopefully can get pics on Sat. We have to order 3-1/2" shorter fork tubes for the WG front end. The frame's basically a stock rigid wishbone frame setup for an Evo. Also, I can't find a round oil tank with a battery box small enough to fit. I'd need about a 4" round one and the smallest one I found was 5". Looks like I'll have to use the Horseshoe Style. Bummer! Kinda had my heart set on a round spun alum oil tank. And I need an FXE size battery in this bike for the electric start. No place to put one but under the seat in the oil tank. I'm not going kick only either just to get the round tank! Bates style Diamond Pleated Charcoal Grey Sparkle Bobber Seat with 2 Billet Coil Over Shocks on the rear of the seat w.hinged front! Might save my back a lil grief! No controls at all. A hidden toggle switch for the starter, a "bulb type" bicycle horn, front master cyl perch and clutch perch w/levers only-no controls, no signals, no speedo or idiot lights, and bicycle style handgrips. This will about as old school and stripped down as I can get it, while still having a battery, electric start, and hydraulic disc brakes.

I'm thinking to powdercoat the frame Black, and maybe have the tank and chopped rear fender match the Charcoal Grey Sparkle Seat. No front fender. Youze got any ideas on paint for it? I'll listen. Just don't be surprised if it winds up Rattle Can Flat Black! ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

I know that sometime tomorrow this is goinge to make a lot more sense :rolleyes4: .

But for now, Sounds Great Man.  Rock On!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 06:36:13 PM »

I know that sometime tomorrow this is goinge to make a lot more sense :rolleyes4: .

But for now, Sounds Great Man.  Rock On!!

HeHe!!! Thanks Don! Don't worry about nuthin and enjoy your festivities man! Rome didn't get built in a day, and my bikes will take even longer than that! ;D ;D ;D

HNY, ya DM!!! :drink: :drink: :drink: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 06:41:23 PM »

Well believe it or not, the mock up's mostly complete. Hopefully can get pics on Sat. We have to order 3-1/2" shorter fork tubes for the WG front end. The frame's basically a stock rigid wishbone frame setup for an Evo. Also, I can't find a round oil tank with a battery box small enough to fit. I'd need about a 4" round one and the smallest one I found was 5". Looks like I'll have to use the Horseshoe Style. Bummer! Kinda had my heart set on a round spun alum oil tank. And I need an FXE size battery in this bike for the electric start. No place to put one but under the seat in the oil tank. I'm not going kick only either just to get the round tank! Bates style Diamond Pleated Charcoal Grey Sparkle Bobber Seat with 2 Billet Coil Over Shocks on the rear of the seat w.hinged front! Might save my back a lil grief! No controls at all. A hidden toggle switch for the starter, a "bulb type" bicycle horn, front master cyl perch and clutch perch w/levers only-no controls, no signals, no speedo or idiot lights, and bicycle style handgrips. This will about as old school and stripped down as I can get it, while still having a battery, electric start, and hydraulic disc brakes.

Hoist! 8)
As I read what is highlighted the first thing that came to my mind was Exile Choppers. Have you checked w/them?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 06:46:01 PM »

Rattle can is good, I know someone who only uses weber grill paint...That way when or if details it (washed in the rain), he can spray it all..

Or stupid amounts of flake, and engraving...hard to say what goes for a bob...I know it will be right for you!   :2vrolijk_21:

Can't wait for the pics...

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 06:48:51 PM »

As I read what is highlighted the first thing that came to my mind was Exile Choppers. Have you checked w/them?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Thanks Gary, yes I did. Russel's site says he makes on to fit with electric start, but check it out!

OB15 'electric start' oilbag, 15" width, 7" diameter, 5.5"x3.7"x4.7" deep battery box $699
OB15 has clearance on the underside to clear the electric start. Both ends are fully round, but some clearancing of the lower left side of the oilbag may be necessary to clear the starter nose on your primary. This part of the oilbag contains no oil and can simply be filed into shape for a perfect fit for your project. Oilbags are internally plumbed allowing all three lines to exit at the lower rear right-side of the bag, perfect for running the lines under the transmission end cover to the oil-pump. From left to right (of bike) the outlets are RETURN, FEED, VENT. Oilbags are supplied in a ready-to-paint raw state.
Additional charge to polish oilbag $40
612089 Oilbag mounting bushings (4) $25
492700 Outlet fittings, straight (3) $15
58-1322 Yuasa YTX20HL-BS -fits OB15 $99

:vrolijk27: :vrolijk27: :vrolijk27: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

This is an extremely low budget build. For that $$$, I'll live with a Horseshoe Tank! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 06:50:28 PM by Hoist! »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 06:49:59 PM »

Rattle can is good, I know someone who only uses weber grill paint...That way when or if details it (washed in the rain), he can spray it all..

Or stupid amounts of flake, and engraving...hard to say what goes for a bob...
I know it will be right for you!   :2vrolijk_21:

Can't wait for the pics...

HeHe!!! Exactly my dilemma Mike! :nixweiss: :D ;)

Hoist! 8)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 06:51:19 PM »

I kinda like the flake...being one and all... :P

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 07:05:20 PM »

Thanks Gary, yes I did. Russel's site says he makes on to fit with electric start, but check it out!

OB15 'electric start' oilbag, 15" width, 7" diameter, 5.5"x3.7"x4.7" deep battery box $699
OB15 has clearance on the underside to clear the electric start. Both ends are fully round, but some clearancing of the lower left side of the oilbag may be necessary to clear the starter nose on your primary. This part of the oilbag contains no oil and can simply be filed into shape for a perfect fit for your project. Oilbags are internally plumbed allowing all three lines to exit at the lower rear right-side of the bag, perfect for running the lines under the transmission end cover to the oil-pump. From left to right (of bike) the outlets are RETURN, FEED, VENT. Oilbags are supplied in a ready-to-paint raw state.
Additional charge to polish oilbag $40
612089 Oilbag mounting bushings (4) $25
492700 Outlet fittings, straight (3) $15
58-1322 Yuasa YTX20HL-BS -fits OB15 $99

:vrolijk27: :vrolijk27: :vrolijk27: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

This is an extremely low budget build. For that $$$, I'll live with a Horseshoe Tank! ;)

Hoist! 8)
Ok, understood. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 07:14:52 PM »

Run the round oil bag and hang the battery on the outside of the frame in a artillery shell box. This is a Bobber, no need to hide anything. Stick the battery in front of the motor.......
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.