Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Öhlins Front and Rear  (Read 2517 times)

KRISPY

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
Öhlins Front and Rear
« on: April 14, 2019, 09:09:37 PM »

My brother did the install on my 2016 CVO Streetglide today and I wish I had done it sooner. Man, what a different bike. Big thanks to Carole Burke from Texas, he is your man if you need to source öhlins suspension. Great price and excellent technical support after the sale.

I added the PM Forks since it was all apart.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Öhlins Front and Rear
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 06:34:06 AM »

Pretty sure I just saw this bike and post on Facebook a bit ago. Smarty actually spells his name without the Es at the end. Carol Burks

Sounds like it will be a much better ride. I have O's on the rear of mine and love the difference over the stock air shocks.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

KRISPY

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 05:34:48 PM »

Pretty sure I just saw this bike and post on Facebook a bit ago. Smarty actually spells his name without the Es at the end. Carol Burks

Sounds like it will be a much better ride. I have O's on the rear of mine and love the difference over the stock air shocks.
I realized I misspelled his name, fixed it on FB, thanks!

TomBolt16CVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2004 Road King Custom
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 03:04:20 AM »

Hi Krispy. I have the very same bike and am seriously considering installing the same shocks. Any update a month later on ride quality? Hopefully you’v Had a chance to ride a little. Also, what does the “PM” refer to with the forks?  Thank you. Tom.
2016 CVO Street Glide, Twin-Cooled. Vance & Hines Power Duals w/HO mufflers. Dynojet Tune: 106HP, 126TQ. HD 4 in. Daymaker Projector LED auxiliary lamps. Öhlins suspension, front forks cartridge kit (FKS 226) and rear shocks (HD772).  Custom Dynamics LED turn signal inserts.  Michelin Commander 3's.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 06:11:02 AM »

Hi Krispy. I have the very same bike and am seriously considering installing the same shocks. Any update a month later on ride quality? Hopefully you’v Had a chance to ride a little. Also, what does the “PM” refer to with the forks?  Thank you. Tom.
PM = Private Message. It's an option on any forum boards to have a 1 on 1 or even a group private chat.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

ultrarider123

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 07:09:42 AM »

PM = Private Message. It's an option on any forum boards to have a 1 on 1 or even a group private chat.

You are correct about that but I believe Tom was referring to KRISPY's comment where PM in this case meant Performance Machine concerning his new front forks... ;D

KRISPY

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 05:01:20 PM »

The ride continies to amaze me. Almost feela better everytime I ride. Just got back from a weekend of riding the country roads around Gainesville and Ocala, Florida and the bike handled amazingly, like it was on rails but pluah at the same time. Worth evey penny.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 11:29:41 PM »

The ride continies to amaze me. Almost feela better everytime I ride. Just got back from a weekend of riding the country roads around Gainesville and Ocala, Florida and the bike handled amazingly, like it was on rails but pluah at the same time. Worth evey penny.

I have same shocks on both of my bikes and ride will get better for about the first 1500 miles as they break in. Great shocks!
Alan

GKroadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: CVO Road King 2014 (FLHRSE6) sold
    • CVO2: CVO Street Glide 2021 (FLHXSE)
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 03:06:54 AM »

I installed some weeks ago the Ohlins cartridge FKC 102 on the front of my King and the Ohlins shocks HD 772 on the back. I'm totally excited.
The driving behavior has improved enormously.
CVO Street Glide 2021
FLHXSE
Sunset Orange & Sunset Black Fade
Jekill & Hyde Exhaust
http://jekillandhyde.com/en_US/our-technique
131cui

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2019, 04:02:20 PM »

Anyone feel like posting the cost?
Will

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 24 queries.