Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kuryakyn Flamin Switchblade pegs  (Read 4471 times)

jetwrench450

• 09 Fat Bob

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Fat Bob
Kuryakyn Flamin Switchblade pegs
« on: February 28, 2011, 03:14:06 PM »

Just looking for some feedback on the Kuryakyn switch blade pegs.  I like the looks of the pegs in my FB but on long rides find myself wishing I had floor boards or something for my heel and these look promising.  Thanks for any info or possible other suggestions!   :2vrolijk_21:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/464/Flamin-Switchblade-Pegs

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: Kuryakyn Flamin Switchblade pegs
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 04:10:16 PM »

Love 'em, love 'em, love' em! High quality product. Look great and provide great comfort. Check out my post and you'll se lots of photos. Have them up front and for passenger.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=27725.0

jetwrench450

• 09 Fat Bob

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Fat Bob
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 04:16:53 PM »

Thanks for the info.. Nice ride you have there!  I don't have highway pegs so do you think the switchblades by themselves will be comfortable enough or should I do highway pegs as well?  I would prefer to just have one set and no highway pegs.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 06:40:02 AM »

I don't use the highway pegs a lot but I am very glad they are there when I need them. I have a two-up Corbin seat that I use for longer trips as it has a backrest and is more comfortable for long rides than the stock seat. It moves me 1-2 inches farther forward so the highway pegs get more use when it is on.

The highway pegs are also a nice add because they end up creating a virtual floorboard from the back of the open switchblade extension to the top of the highway peg. I will frequently ride with my boot heel on the top portion of the switchblade peg and my toe on the highway peg. It's a nice additional comfortable option.

I also like the way the whole setup looks.

TonyV

• MyCVO

• CVO1: fxdfse
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 09:36:05 PM »

I went with the Harley heel rests and a set of Ironside shifter pegs. Works pretty good, but you do have to turn your feet a bit to shift and brake. Gives you a couple of extra positions to rest your feet. Prior to installing the heel rests I had issues with my feet trying to blow of of the pegs.
There are a couples of picture on the form by Cowboy ???

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SE Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »

Not going to recommend the switchblade pegs.  Had to return the first ones internal screws were stripped.  They work as intended for a few months then get loose.  Can't tighten em without stripping screws.  They won't stay adjusted either too tight or too loose.  When they are tight you can't get em down while riding.  Putting stock pegs back on.  Thought about buying another set but not impressed with the quality.

ALRG8TOR

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE granite denim & electric blue fade
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 10:02:42 AM »

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: I've also been looking for an alternative to the stock pegs as during occasional high speed runs my feet want to come of the pegs. The Kuryakyn pegs seem like a good looking replacement as well as the high priced but similar Heel Raiser HD model, or the Mini Footboards, or even the Airfoil Customs in various sizes.

After a little research I've noticed that the rear pegs are the same but at a different angle and that the stock pegs have a rotation adjustment with a Torx wrench. May be an alternative that could help for my issue, don't have any real long distance miles so far but I think I'm going to try this option first.

I should have some decent feedback after about a month of riding.

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 24 queries.