Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 1" Reach pegs?  (Read 6817 times)

09cvo

• CVO1: 2009 fatbob cvo
1" Reach pegs?
« on: February 22, 2014, 12:43:05 PM »

Hi all can anyone tell me if you can get a set of adapters to bring the pegs back an 1" or 2" as I got little leg syndrome,
I have seen 2" extending ones, and I don't to change or mess with the seat.

Cheers
Darran 

UTVol3287

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: CVO Fat Bob
Re: 1" Reach pegs?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 06:48:21 PM »

have you tried changing your seat? that might be easier and cheaper. also i added floorboards to mine and while it didnt really change the reach it is much more comfortable to reach everything.

maybe not what you are looking for, but just throwing it out there to try and be helpful :)
2009 CVO Fat Bob
My first Harley

Victory Hammer
BMW R1200C

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 08:49:57 PM »

Hi all can anyone tell me if you can get a set of adapters to bring the pegs back an 1" or 2" as I got little leg syndrome,

Cheers
Darran

I use these...  They come in various lengths.  Very solid - they transfer very little vibration.  Quality chrome.  Not cheap, but high quality all around.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Made-for-harley-davidsons-crash-bar-foot-peg-extension-/261137300613?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cccfefc85&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/made-for-harley-davidsons-foot-peg-extension-for-your-crash-bar-pegs-/261137308229?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cccff1a45&vxp=mtr
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

cvomiami

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 12:52:44 PM »

have you tried changing your seat? that might be easier and cheaper. also i added floorboards to mine and while it didnt really change the reach it is much more comfortable to reach everything.

maybe not what you are looking for, but just throwing it out there to try and be helpful :)

can you tell me what floorboards you got for your FXDFSE? I want to change out the pegs once I get it and I am trying to shop around for floorboards. I have V & H pipes, not the OEM's. Please let me know, and if you have pics, even better. thanks.

UTVol3287

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 01:59:13 PM »

i absolutely love the floorboards. it was a kit that the harley dealer sold me. all i did was ask for them and i was told it was aftermarket. it was the $539 with installation. the downside is that it does NOT come with a heal toe shifter. the install took only 1.5 hours, thus the low price.

i will post pics in a bit, i will take them when i go home for lunch. also, if i can find the receipt i will post the stock numbers for you.
2009 CVO Fat Bob
My first Harley

Victory Hammer
BMW R1200C

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 02:50:09 PM »

Cheers
Darran

Hey Darran:

Check out jpcycles.com  Kuryakyn has several adjustable peg mounts.  You may even want to look at their pegs with "stirrups" for some heal support.  Long rides get tiring with forward pegs only.

Here's a pic of one of their stirrup styles.

A nice thing about the offset mounts is that they pivot 360 degrees, so can go back, forward, up or down and anything in between.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

UTVol3287

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 03:57:56 PM »

here is the right side
2009 CVO Fat Bob
My first Harley

Victory Hammer
BMW R1200C

UTVol3287

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 03:58:54 PM »

left side, please note i have also attached the extender for the kickstand. i love that too. it makes it much easier when i have boots on.
2009 CVO Fat Bob
My first Harley

Victory Hammer
BMW R1200C

cvomiami

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 11:25:09 AM »

Nice, cool to see the floorboards on that, I bet its real comfortable. I have the 2010 where they used the diamond black accessories, so have to see how that would look, but glad that is an option. I guess I could leave the break cover in the diamond black and maybe ugrade the floorboard insert to try to match. If you have the stock number, that would be great.

How does it handle/ride compared to the pegs? The pegs IMO give it a more bad a$$ look, but nothing beats the boards for comfort. I was also looking at the mini boards by Kuryakyn, here is the link, I think these might also work for me.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/4616/Kinetic-Mini-Boards

Thanks.

UTVol3287

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »

i agree with the comment that the pegs look better. i have kept the pegs. the boards are awesome for comfort. its a night and day difference for me. i have only had the bike for 3 weeks so take that for whats its worth but i am not going back to the pegs.

i thought about the mini-boards as well. but couldnt find anything that said it would work on the FXDFSE. the dealer pointed me towards these and i cant complain. what i do want is to add the flip wings made by kuryakyn.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/550-373?utm_source=none&utm_term=adwords_labels%3DParts%20and%20adwords_labels%3DControls&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=Cj0KEQjw3cKeBRDG-KKqqIj4qJgBEiQAOamX_ZdvSfKZ14HOmMKzLCPGDp9MS6kuFXwDfcPdUWcoNJ0aAhNu8P8HAQ

i am still looking for my receipt. i will try to get you a stock number.
2009 CVO Fat Bob
My first Harley

Victory Hammer
BMW R1200C

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 24 queries.