Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WANTED: SERT map: 103, w/perf. A/C, Rinehart Duals.  (Read 1757 times)

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
WANTED: SERT map: 103, w/perf. A/C, Rinehart Duals.
« on: April 07, 2007, 11:27:42 AM »

MAP IS POSTED IN FOLLOWING POST!

Wanting a Race Tuner map for 2003 - 103", with Performance Air Cleaner kit (K&N filter/Ness kit/etc.), Rinehart True Duals (or Freedom Duals), Stock heads, and Cams.

This is a fairly common configuration...surely, someone out there has a copy saved off that we can use as a good "starter/base" map in which to work from.  I'm going to be working with a new,  :rolleyes4:  inexperienced tuner (though dynojet factory trained) on a "brand-spank-me-new" dyno.    Just need a basic configuration map for the combination listed above to help us get started with.

:help: 

If anyone has problems posting such a map, would you be willing to send me a copy via CD and I will gladly reimburse you for the trouble?  If so, please shoot me a PM for contact info.

Many thanks in advance.....ez.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 07:44:20 PM by EZRIDN »
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
Re: WANTED: SERT map: 103, w/perf. A/C, Rinehart Duals.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 07:42:02 PM »

My configuration set up is:  2003 FLHRSEI2, 103 cu.in., Freedom Cycle True Duals (very similar to Rineharts), Arlen Ness Big Sucker Air Cleaner system and of course the Screamin Eagle Race Tuner..otherwise, totally stock engine w/no internal modifications.

The intent of our dynbo tune was to shoot for driveability and to get a flat Air/Fuel ratio across the whole normal riding range.  We were shooting for good mileage with the premise that with an efficient tune, surely HP & TQ would follow.  Starting with the base HD #13 map, suffice to say, we ended up with 97.84 HP & 100.97 TQ at our altitude of 1,219 ft.  The Dynojet folks said there is an approximate 3% factor to apply from where we are located to get sea level numbers...so, 100.78 HP & 104 TQ would be "altitude corrected" numbers using the 3% factor.   It's sort of like the local butcher putting his thumb on a meat scale...you can come up with any number you want (corrected factors) in the long run, I guess.

Anyway, I am pleased with the end result and that is all that matters...not big HP & TQ numbers for bragging...but fantastic driveability.  On a recent trip, riding in Northern Minnesota, we got a best of 42mpg riding w/2-up at moderate highway cruising speeds and am experiencing NO decel popping whatsoever. 

EZ
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

Page created in 0.296 seconds with 24 queries.