Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FLHTCUSE & Blue Tooth  (Read 3133 times)

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
FLHTCUSE & Blue Tooth
« on: July 12, 2006, 03:51:04 PM »

Just curious if anyone is using the BlueTooth option on the 06 Radio System?  If you are what phone?

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 03:51:47 PM by sklywag »
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

RadarRoy

• RadarBusters
Re: FLHTCUSE & Blue Tooth
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 02:05:53 PM »

I had the Bluetooth adapter installed last week and went out and got the BlackBerry 7130E that their website recommend as working with this radio.

Problem is that this telephone does not work at all!
I have been on the telephone (on hold) with HD tech support all morning without any help

Now stuck with the Bluetooth adapater and a phone, and a two year service plan!

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 10:01:19 PM »

I use a motorola e815. Had to pair manually (turn bluetooth on for the phone) Phonebook from phone uploads each time and it connects automatically once initial pairing is done. The devices have to ask permission from each other to connect intially on my phone it required me to push a couple of buttons to do the search . But before that I had to turn on the bluetooth function on the phone. They turn it off to save the battery life.

ace4059

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 01:46:35 AM »

My wife's Lexus LX 470 came w/ a real nice navigation system w/ bluetooth technology. The Motorola RAZR is listed as a compatible phone for the Lexus unit. So we went out and bought 4 RAZR phones, one for each member of our family. After much frustration and many phone calls to Lexus and Motorola we got it to where we can make and receive hands free calls, but no ring over the car's speaker system and can't download the phonebook into the Lexus. Lexus blames Motorola. Motorola blames our carrier, US Cellular. US Cellular blames Lexus and Motorola. Sounds kind of like the MOFOCO doesn't it?!!!

I think that bluetooth technology when it comes to phones and navigation systems hasn't been perfected yet, so until they work out all of the bugs, I'm not going to waste the $500 bucks for bluetooth on my '07 CUSE.
There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.- Roger Staubach.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 02:07:48 AM »

I think that bluetooth technology when it comes to phones and navigation systems hasn't been perfected yet, so until they work out all of the bugs, [highlight]I'm not going to waste the $500 bucks for bluetooth on my '07 CUSE[/highlight].

Since I'm a Porsche, Audi, VW dealer I'll hold comment on the car thing but as far as the bluetooth on the bike I LOVE IT!

I have had some similar issues with phonebooks etc. but there aren't that many folks I care to call on the bike and find it is great for taking calls.  My wife says she can't wven tell I'm on the bike. The number dial voice feature works fine, sure I have to repeat it once in awhile but what the heck.  Also, I have put my favorite numbers in the HD system.

Mainly it has allowed me to ride when I know I have a call coming in rather than take the cage for my 65 mile commute each way.  One of the best "adds" I made to the '06 CUSE and I would have it on any new bike I get. I use both a e815 Motorola and a Treo 700w.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 02:10:18 AM by Rjob749 »

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 10:09:18 PM »

Since I'm a Porsche, Audi, VW dealer I'll hold comment on the car thing but as far as the bluetooth on the bike I LOVE IT!

I have had some similar issues with phonebooks etc. but there aren't that many folks I care to call on the bike and find it is great for taking calls.  My wife says she can't wven tell I'm on the bike. The number dial voice feature works fine, sure I have to repeat it once in awhile but what the heck.  Also, I have put my favorite numbers in the HD system.

Mainly it has allowed me to ride when I know I have a call coming in rather than take the cage for my 65 mile commute each way.  One of the best "adds" I made to the '06 CUSE and I would have it on any new bike I get. I use both a e815 Motorola and a Treo 700w.

I had it installed on my 06 cuse just moved it over to an 07 Ultra and it was plug and play.Course I had to wire in the cable but no messing with any software. And your right people can't tell I am on a bike flying down the highway. Can't tell if Im workin or riding that has to be worth $500
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 10:10:38 PM by fxdjerry »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 01:02:22 AM »

I had it installed on my 06 cuse just moved it over to an 07 Ultra and it was plug and play.Course I had to wire in the cable but no messing with any software. And your right people can't tell I am on a bike flying down the highway. Can't tell if Im workin or riding that has to be worth $500

Just got that today, left home and called the wife.  Said I was on my way to work and she asked if I had left yet.  Hell, I was doin' 60 down a country road.  Gotta love it.

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 11:46:26 AM »

Great news on the bluetooth -- I'm putting it on my 07 CUSE that is on the way.  Hope there wont be much of a problem with my razr phone....

Are you using the standard harley headset that comes with the bike and if so what helmet are you using for these great results?

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 11:49:32 AM »

Great news on the bluetooth -- I'm putting it on my 07 CUSE that is on the way.  Hope there wont be much of a problem with my razr phone....
Are you using the standard harley headset that comes with the bike and if so what helmet are you using for these great results?

Stock set up on a half helmet with the mic fully exposed.  I do have a 9 1/2 inch Clearview to keep the boss happy but I was cruising at 85 on the Cripple Creek run and talking without issue to the other party.

no-rain

• Senior CVO Member
  • Man it is good to be a SE Ultra owner
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 02:18:11 PM »

I just purchased the Cardo Scala-Rider Bluetooth headset for use with the Zumo 550 GPS. I will write a review once I receive both units. Information on the headset can be found at:

http://www.cardowireless.com/scala_rider/
--  No-Rain (aka rainman)  --
06 SE Ultra List of UCEG SE mods
05 SE Fatboy

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 04:08:50 PM »

I just purchased the Cardo Scala-Rider Bluetooth headset for use with the Zumo 550 GPS. I will write a review once I receive both units. Information on the headset can be found at:

http://www.cardowireless.com/scala_rider/

Would be awfully nice to integrate bluetooth with the intercom, radio et al.  Let us know how it does, imagine it will be great for calls and gps.

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 09:41:20 PM »

I use a J&M headset. I like it because of the small form factor mic when I have the flip helmet flipped down.

bounty

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 01:15:34 AM »

Question:  Does the Bluetooth adapter allow use of the CB without wires?  I can use the Bluetooth from my Garmin 2820 for my phone but I still have to stay wired for the CB when traveling with others.  If the HD Bluetooth adapter allows for wireless CB, intercom and phone, then I'll have to figure out some way to explain another purchase for my Cuse.
2006 FLHTCUSE Haze
D&D Fat Cats w/ghost
Doherty Machine Powerpac
Thundermax EFI

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 09:13:46 AM »

Question:  Does the Bluetooth adapter allow use of the CB without wires?  I can use the Bluetooth from my Garmin 2820 for my phone but I still have to stay wired for the CB when traveling with others.  If the HD Bluetooth adapter allows for wireless CB, intercom and phone, then I'll have to figure out some way to explain another purchase for my Cuse.

The system is not wireless between the bike and you, just between the phone and the bike so you have to remain wired with the HD system.

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 24 queries.