Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Does any one have advice for Shaking mirrors?  (Read 18721 times)

soulfly

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King Anniversary FLHRSE5 #165
    • CVO2: (2007 CVO Dyna Twilight Blue Ice Blue Pearl/Granite)
Re: Does any one have advice for Shaking mirrors?
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2007, 09:27:58 AM »

I too have the same problem with no solution.  I like the mirrors so much, I have done nothing.
THE MORE SERIOUSLY I TOOK THINGS, THE HARDER THE RULES BECAME.

myfxdse07

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2007, 10:23:06 PM »

I got mine swapped out on sat. They installed they Buckshot mirrors... Now I can ride with confidence in knowing it's not a police car behind me, HA!

hdchic07

• '07 Dyna Street Bob
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2007, 09:35:17 AM »

If you look on HD.com....the new FXDSE2 has  new mirrors, and they make the point that they are "solid stem" mirrors.....just an FYI.  We are going to try to get our dealer to swap them.
If you don't take that risk, how will you ever know?

soulfly

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2007, 05:22:12 PM »

I just heard back from harley.  they WILL NOT replace my mirrors, they want to fix it.  So I stated, how?  They do not know!

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2007, 05:25:37 PM »

I just heard back from harley.  they WILL NOT replace my mirrors, they want to fix it.  So I stated, how?  They do not know!
I hope you were not expecting them to do the right thing, were you?

soulfly

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2007, 07:43:08 PM »

SOKOOLJ - funny, made my day!

wizgee

• Vendor

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE - Silver Rush / Midnight Black - GONE
    • CVO2: 13 FLHRSE5 - Crushed Sapphire / Cold Fusion
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2007, 03:12:03 AM »

Went to the dealer on Monday, after being there twice last week, and bitched about the mirrors for about the fourth time.  :soapbox: The service manager called HD tech and got a reference #. HD tech told the dealer to replace the mirrors with any style that I wanted. I told them that I wanted the buckshot mirrors, but, they didn't have any in stock.  :oops: Hopefully, they will be in soon.
It doesn't seem like just swapping out the style of mirrors would help, but I tried a pair of stock Sportster mirrors that I had laying around, and NO MORE COFFEE NERVES.  :2vrolijk_21:
Now, if I could just get rid of the deceleration popping coming out of the pipes, I'd be a truly happy camper.

chadpaydo

• LYTNUP!

• CVO1: 2007 SE DYNA
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2007, 09:32:03 AM »

Do you still have the issues with your hands going numb or have you solved the problem. 

Chad

ok, folks, here's the deal....we own one, and noticed from the first mile to mile 1050 that the mirrors shake.  We have called HD, have talked to the dealer, and even replaced the motor mounts....nothing is working.  For those that don't own one, or have not ridden one, you wouldn't understand.  Its not the typical "Harley vibration"....its bad enough that your hands will go numb after 20 miles of this.  When in idle, the whole front end shakes bad enough that you think its going to fall over. 

Now, above 2800rpms, it will clear up.  When I ride behind my husband, I can't see him in his mirrors, and I have ridden this bike as well......bout killed me!!  This is UNSAFE.  Why isn't HD doing anything?  What happens when the motor locks up (which I have heard has happened) and he is killed?  Or causes a major wreck? 

Yeah, I sound like at outraged b1tch, and I am....when you pay $27,000 for a bike, you expect it to ride right, not be junk. 

Screamin Dyna

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2007, 03:43:19 PM »

If you like the stock mirrors like I do I think the solution is finally here.  The 08 FXDSE has the same mirrors as ours but they have a solid stem (funny how Harley recognizes the problem but has to be forced to help us out).  Any way that is what I will be doing, I am waiting on the dealer to get a part number for the solid stem mirrors and having him order them ASAP
I Love this Bike!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2007, 08:47:12 PM »

Sell it, buy a beemer....Take em off...Glad to hear they fixed them...I had an iron head over built sporty that shoook so bad they fell off, never missed em...Just foolin...Good luck, shiny side up

Mike

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2007, 08:56:54 PM »

yep, some are 'balanced' better than others.....sometimes it's just 'that' motor.  I had a EVO that viberated really bad from day one.  Couldn't see out of the mirrors and the pegs would almost vib. your feet off.  As Miker said: love it or leave it.  :-\ har!  :huepfenjump3: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2007, 12:33:23 PM »

Holy vibrating reflector shields! I had no idea I was one of thousands with these issues. I have been intermittently shaking one arm, then the other to get feeling back in my hands & just figured it was due to accident related injuries (wrists). And, the darned mirrors shaking so bad I couldn't see behind me...bugger that! After doing some mods, adding rubber spacers to the bottom of my mirrors, tuning, ect. the mirror problem went away. I refuse to change handlebars as they look incredible on the bike, so I guess I'll try the "snake" trick & see how it works. Anyone else had luck with this repair or any other?

Ride it like you stole it...
Mitch
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

HDbeerman

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2007, 01:10:36 PM »

Holy vibrating reflector shields! I had no idea I was one of thousands with these issues. I have been intermittently shaking one arm, then the other to get feeling back in my hands & just figured it was due to accident related injuries (wrists). And, the darned mirrors shaking so bad I couldn't see behind me...bugger that! After doing some mods, adding rubber spacers to the bottom of my mirrors, tuning, etc. the mirror problem went away. I refuse to change handlebars as they look incredible on the bike, so I guess I'll try the "snake" trick & see how it works. Anyone else had luck with this repair or any other?

Ride it like you stole it...
Mitch

While I was waiting for pipes to come in I played with altering the stock baffles, even ran a few miles with them out. There is a huge amount of vibration cased by the stock exhaust and the mounting of. With no baffles the vibration is greatly improved but I would not recommend running your bike that way. Once my Vance & Hines 2-1 big radius came in and was in stalled the vibration is almost gone and I haven't even had it tuned yet.

Bottom line, before you freak out and start changing bars and mirrors I would get your new exhaust, you know you're going to do it so go for it sooner then later.

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2007, 12:39:45 PM »

HDbeerman,

so true, it is a world of difference with all the simple mods in place. I still get some mirror vibration at certain rpm's, but it is definitely something I can live with. Y'all have a great fall...this is my favorite time of year to ride, so much cooler, so fewer insects.
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

jackeagle1

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2007, 12:17:26 PM »

Hi Andrea,  I am a new member so it looks like this reply is a bit late.  I had the same problem with the shaking mirrors.  I received no help from my dealer and no help from Harley.  There comment to my letter was, "We are not in the business of helping owners customize their ride.  I fixed my problem with the low cost mirror, not the expensive buckshot type.  My mirrors are a solid beam, forged so it is flattened with a curved depression through the length of the beam and the mirror is tear drop shape similar to the original.  Part number 91315-04 Kit, Mirror, Skull and cost $99.95.  They work great.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.