Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone Scrape their 08 Dyna FXDSE2 Frame? Touch up Paint Available?  (Read 2274 times)

bigbzhd

After three weeks of having purchased my 2008 Dyna FXDSE2, me and my girlfriend went on a St. Patricks Day Poker run and one of the stops was a at a Starbucks in a Grocery Shopping Center.  The parking lot had some speed bumps and we happened to roll over one that managed to scrape the bottom frame of the bike a little.  When I heard it of course I got a little upset about it.  Has anyone had this issue?  I assume that my rear shocks need to be adjusted for a firmer ride when riding 2up, but I was just curious if anyone else has had this issue with speed bumps in the parking lot?  My bike seems to sit very low in general and with two people on it, we are very close to the ground.

Also does anyone know if you can obtain Touch up paint from Harley for the frame?

-Big B

rscamarochad

Re: Anyone Scrape their 08 Dyna FXDSE2 Frame? Touch up Paint Available?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 09:31:52 AM »

Yea you can get it from your stealership.  I had some touch up issues.  They have a catalog that is specific to the FXDSE2.  It took them a while to locate the kit and of course it had to be ordered, and I think it was almost $40 for two little bottles but you can get it.  It's a kit that comes with one bottle of Candy Cobalt and one bottle of some other color that's on the bike.  I can't remember off hand what it was.  My stealer actually gave me a little bottle of clear for nada$.  Anyway I have bottomed mine out dozens of times.  I was really anal about that kind of thing when I first got it, but now I have decided I would rather just ride it and enjoy it.  It's a beautiful bike no matter how you slice it and I didn't buy it for it to be a trailer queen.  Good Luck.

bigbzhd

Re: Anyone Scrape their 08 Dyna FXDSE2 Frame? Touch up Paint Available?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 11:56:21 AM »

Thanks for the info bro... One of our local Harley shops is having a bike night tonight.. I will check it out...

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 24 queries.