Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Looking for a recommendation on pegs  (Read 7386 times)

Arwyn

• Junior CVO Member
Looking for a recommendation on pegs
« on: May 10, 2011, 09:59:49 PM »

Hi all, just picked up a '07 FXDSE and had a question for some of you vets.

I love the look of the bike, I don't think there is much left on the bike that hasn't been chromed, but the front pegs being chromed are a bit... slippery. The other item was that I noticeably have to toe in to hit the brake and I wasn't so thrilled about that for regular use. I have my knee right up on the air filter and find the current arrangement a bit tight.

So my question is, can anyone recommend a setup that has a bit more clearance/comfort without hanging too far out?

Thanks!

maddog110

Re: Looking for a recommendation on pegs
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 12:19:03 PM »

Always a personal choice. Many options out there. I thought I was unhappy with a few things about my bike when I first got it, just needed to get used to the feel. Now I love it the way it is, and the best part is I see other bikes similar to mine that people have changed not always for the better-Im glad I left it alone. That said I did add the wind sheild thats made for this front end - looks great!!! I always ride with rubber soled boots ,never had a problem.

yellowted

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 05:10:37 PM »

i went with the HD airfoil pegs front and rear, changed the brake pad and the shifter.
2007 fxdse
2011 flhtc

Arwyn

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 10:51:33 PM »

Maddog, if thats your ride in your avatar pic, we have the same one. :) I was looking at some of the threads on footwear and saw some options there that I might try first. I need new boots anyway, so thats cheaper than a set of new pegs. :)

Yellowted, thats kind of what I was thinking about, does the brake pad extend over to the right more than the stock?

yellowted

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 04:06:35 PM »

i honestly don't recall the difference in width.  i would really think they are the about the same.  what i did with the pegs earlier was get peg extensions from kury that i think added an inch to the length.  when i bought the bike i too had the same feet slipping problems.  it took some time and going to the dealer to find the look that still would blend and not stand out.  good luck and have fun on the bike.

andrew
2007 fxdse
2011 flhtc

super villan

• CVO1: FXDSE2
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 11:34:11 PM »

I mounted the Kury Switchblades. Man what a difference for me. I am 5'10".

maddog110

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 09:36:54 PM »

All Im sayin is what feels wrong at first, can really be a sweet thing !!!

Arwyn

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 03:33:05 PM »

After giving it some time on the bike, the stock pegs seem to be working out better than I thought.

Now my concern is the seat, I am feeling a LOT of heat with the seat being where it is, and after 30 minutes, its getting a bit "toasty". And the idea of roasting my chestnuts while riding really isnt doing it for me.....

firedawg24

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 02:01:32 PM »

I had the same problem with the slippery pegs, especially after long rides. Here is a picture of what I did. The rings are replacement rings that are for Kuryakyn pegs and they cost me $5. They have worked perfectly and have had them on there about two years now and my feet never slide off anymore.

As far as the heat goes, It definitely gets toasty, especially down here in South Florida, anyway I ended up changing the baffles on the stock pipe and then put the Xied's from nightrider. It cost a lot less than remapping and I haven't noticed any performance difference. But it has cooled the bike down quite a bit. But the 110 is a hot motor, at least in my experience.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 02:05:29 PM by firedawg24 »

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE - Sold :(
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 10:51:44 PM »

I had that problem at the beginning.  A truck would go by in the other direction and my feet would fly off the pegs.  I got a heel rest for them and they worked great and I felt a lot more comfortable.  After a long day of riding my legs would be sore from trying to keep them on the pegs, but the heel rests really helped.

The brake you just kind of get used to toeing in to reach it.

They do interfere with the cornering though, and I love to corner LOL  Sometimes the pipes get in the way too  ;D

Arwyn

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 02:25:05 PM »

I like the look of those, I will have to go find a set!

We had a good run over the July 4th holiday, and I had the same experience. Legs were sore after pushing to stay on the pegs.

budsgalore

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 12:06:47 AM »

fxdsegrl   I want a set of those heel rests, where did you get them? can you send post a link?

CK

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FXDSE
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 10:40:13 AM »

budsgalore,

I setup my bike the same way after seeing fxdsegrl's original post back in 2009.  I ordered the parts from Latus HD back in 2009, so I'm not sure if they will still have everything.  I know it was a little hard to find the shifter pegs.  The part numbers you need are:

- 50227-01:  Rider Footpeg Heel Rests for Forward Controls  (about $120)
- 34706-07:  Knurled Chrome Collection Shifter Peg - you'll need 2  ($17/each)

Charles

budsgalore

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 08:50:29 PM »

Thanks CK

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE - Sold :(
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 12:10:10 PM »

Budsgalore, yes those were the part numbers for the heel rests. Thank you CK for getting back to Bugs. I was away for a couple weeks and was unable to log in. Let us know if they worked for you.
FXDSEGRL
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.