Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: headgasket recall  (Read 3346 times)

BBNITRO

• Junior CVO Member
headgasket recall
« on: November 21, 2011, 10:59:38 AM »

Hi everyone just bought my dyna cvo a couple of weeks ago dont have any leaks 3600 miles just wondering how long is recall is good for if I develop any headgasket leaks or was just good to original owner
thanks
Bob

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: headgasket recall
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 02:14:40 PM »

Hi everyone just bought my dyna cvo a couple of weeks ago dont have any leaks 3600 miles just wondering how long is recall is good for if I develop any headgasket leaks or was just good to original owner
thanks
Bob

First, have a dealer check your VIN against Harley records to see if perhaps the upgrade program (it's not a recall) has already been performed.

Second, the upgrade program supposedly expired in 2010, two years after they initially set up the program in July of 2008.  That doesn't mean you shouldn't ask Harley to help if you find you have the problem; the worst that could happen is they say no, but you might catch them on a good day and they say yes.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Arwyn

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 06:04:14 PM »

That was the very first thing I checked before I bought mine. Mine was original, and had no issues or major maint or warranty done on the bike. I did have all the factory recall updates done, and is still solid, no leaks, and no major issues, other than the battery running down.

BBNITRO

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 10:31:08 PM »

Thanks guys I called HD headgaskets where replaced 08/08 after riding 400 miles since purchased no leaks just mirror vibration will probaly replace with 08 mirrors otherwise love the bike

yellowted

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 09:22:10 PM »

sorry i haven't followed this forum in a while.  i just noticed you are in broomall.  i am on the east side of west chester and have a brother inlaw in newtown with a night train and one in your town on a softail.  enjoy the ride

andrew
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 08:27:52 PM by yellowted »
2007 fxdse
2011 flhtc

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 24 queries.