Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2008 FXDSE2 Headlight discussions  (Read 2584 times)

kerdmann

• Prayer Works

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
2008 FXDSE2 Headlight discussions
« on: November 23, 2011, 10:29:50 AM »

I have had some intrest in changing the headlight assembly or making it simple by just improving the bulb in the stock assembly. Has anyone changed their headlight or added any additional lamps? I like the sleak simple look now but...I thought about installing the HD dual Fatboy lamp assembly (two in one), it would cost about 5-6 hundred but if it does not increase the light at night it seams like a waste of money. I did buy a Extreme Xenon H4 Super Spot bulb (have not installed or tested yet) that the HD dealer claims is the best ever (no I dont believe everything the dealer says) The bulb does have a lifetime warranty (that was the kicker to buy the bulb for $40). This bulb is not HD but sold at dealership. Look forward to pics or comments.

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
Re: 2008 FXDSE2 Headlight discussions
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 12:45:04 PM »

I like the looks of mine, but it could certainly use some better illumination, please keep us apprised of your results.

:jalapeno:
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept

maddog110

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 11:59:21 PM »

There are after market off road lights at 150 watts on bright. They are illegal for street use but I ran them for years on a 89 softail and only a few times had someone flash their lights, but never a problem with the po-po. :2vrolijk_21:

Arwyn

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 06:02:05 PM »

Been looking at the same thing. The stock light is good looking, but the illumination is pretty pathetic at night unless you run the high beam. I was looking at either a bulb replacement, or the new HID headlight, but not so thrilled with the price....

Keep us appraised on what you did, I wont be doing anything with mine till after the holidays. :)

wizgee

• Vendor

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE - Silver Rush / Midnight Black - GONE
    • CVO2: 13 FLHRSE5 - Crushed Sapphire / Cold Fusion
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 11:55:50 AM »

I installed one of the Extreme Xenon H4 Super Spot bulbs in my bike. They work great, light wise, but the first two that I used lost the low beam filament due to vibration. On the third bulb now, and so far, so good. I carry a spare stock bulb with me, just in case. And yes, the dealer replaced the bulbs for free.. didn't have to return to manufacturer and wait for the replacement.

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.