Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Audio Upgrade - Bike Tronics or J& M Rokker  (Read 1618 times)

Toliverpeterson

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

Audio Upgrade - Bike Tronics or J& M Rokker
« on: June 10, 2019, 09:20:26 PM »

For those who’ve gone down this road.
For pretty close money I can order on the BT Amp, Speakers, etc and set it up myself, or drive up to the big J&M trailer at Bike Week here in NH this week and let them put on their system.

I’m not a big specs comparison guy, i just want a better sounding system, that is louder. I don’t need to rattle the windows of the car next to me at the traffic lights.

Is one much better than the other?

I want to upgrade what’s on my 2015 Road Glide CVO and I want Speakers in the lowers as well, so a 6 speaker system.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: Audio Upgrade - Bike Tronics or J& M Rokker
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 10:48:21 PM »

neither very good. Try Custom Soundz
Alan

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 11:34:17 PM »

I went with soundz customz. They can do it all.  Stuart

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 11:50:36 PM »

I went with soundz customz. They can do it all.  Stuart
Obviously I meant Soundz Customz..
Alan

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 12:03:29 AM »

G’day Toliverpeterson,

I went with the J&M Rokker set up along with the H-D lower speakers on Lucille (15 FLTRUSE).

I have no problem hearing my music at 80-90 mph in a half helmet on local rides. I use their stereo system & hardwired Bluetooth sender unit when traveling as we wear 3/4 helmets with the J&M Bluetooth receivers fitted.

Sound is good no problems in either scenario which means it is no doubt very loud as I am partially deaf & wear hearing aids when not riding.

I cannot compare with Soundz Customz as I have never seen or heard one of their systems.

Cheers Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 01:13:14 PM »

Another Soundz customer here,  :nixweiss:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 04:09:08 PM »

Soundz Customz is phenomenal and they back their work.

Glenncarp

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 07:22:05 AM »

Soundz Customz is phenomenal and they back their work.

Can't argue with Pete and his work product, people and sound of his systems. Having said that, I have had both his system and just installed J&M Rokker myself in my garage foe less than $650 in under 3 hours.

To be hones, not a huge difference for the $. I spent twice that with Pete and no marked difference IMHO. Now, have to say, just completed my install last weekend, so no real road time to see if J&M Rokker holds up, but I do know the have 5 year warrantee on speakers and amp. We shall see, but so far, I am happy with results for 1/2 price ad it was fun doing install myself.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 05:50:00 PM »

Can't argue with Pete and his work product, people and sound of his systems. Having said that, I have had both his system and just installed J&M Rokker myself in my garage foe less than $650 in under 3 hours.

To be hones, not a huge difference for the $. I spent twice that with Pete and no marked difference IMHO. Now, have to say, just completed my install last weekend, so no real road time to see if J&M Rokker holds up, but I do know the have 5 year warrantee on speakers and amp. We shall see, but so far, I am happy with results for 1/2 price ad it was fun doing install myself.

Since I dont have the ability to have customsoudz do an install for me ( I'm a little far away) and it might be a rather WET ride to get there even if I wanted to make the ride, I've been battling the dealer with my '18 and since I am almost out of warranty I'll have them replace the one dead speaker one last time and I'll replace the whole darn set with something that is hopefully "plug and play"

My 2001 is my play thing and I dont mind tinkering and fiddling with the thing since someones been in it before and wires have already been cut.

(speaker wise)

Hopefully though I can get the Radio Sound unit repaired so I can keep the disc changer working.

Glenncarp, offhand, how much "plug and play" was the Rokker v the Custom Soundz?

Thanks

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Glenncarp

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 06:42:14 PM »

Since I dont have the ability to have customsoudz do an install for me ( I'm a little far away) and it might be a rather WET ride to get there even if I wanted to make the ride, I've been battling the dealer with my '18 and since I am almost out of warranty I'll have them replace the one dead speaker one last time and I'll replace the whole darn set with something that is hopefully "plug and play"

My 2001 is my play thing and I dont mind tinkering and fiddling with the thing since someones been in it before and wires have already been cut.

(speaker wise)

Hopefully though I can get the Radio Sound unit repaired so I can keep the disc changer working.

Glenncarp, offhand, how much "plug and play" was the Rokker v the Custom Soundz?

Thanks

Well, my figures will be skewed because I had a CVO Road Glide Ultra which had tour pack, therefore I had 2 amps and 4 speakers, I now have Road Glide Special which has no tour pack and only two fairing speakers. Sounzs for Ultra was $2,000 +/- with no work done by me. J&M was $650 with all work done by me.

Have to say though, biggest difference is going to be sitting at light or on Main Street because at 80 MPH, sound makes almost no difference as far as quality goes. Guys pay HUGE $$$ to have bass, but bass is a feel, it is such a low frequency it has no direction, so even of you are traveling at 3 MPH, bass is useless. Sounds good in Hooters parking lot, makes no difference when you put bike in gear. I am happy I spent $650 and can hear crystal clear music at 80 MPH with volume 65% up with J&M

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 07:42:23 PM »

Well, my figures will be skewed because I had a CVO Road Glide Ultra which had tour pack, therefore I had 2 amps and 4 speakers, I now have Road Glide Special which has no tour pack and only two fairing speakers. Sounzs for Ultra was $2,000 +/- with no work done by me. J&M was $650 with all work done by me.

Have to say though, biggest difference is going to be sitting at light or on Main Street because at 80 MPH, sound makes almost no difference as far as quality goes. Guys pay HUGE $$$ to have bass, but bass is a feel, it is such a low frequency it has no direction, so even of you are traveling at 3 MPH, bass is useless. Sounds good in Hooters parking lot, makes no difference when you put bike in gear. I am happy I spent $650 and can hear crystal clear music at 80 MPH with volume 65% up with J&M

LOL... you sir are absolutely correct.

My 01 has a 8" sub in the sidecar.. great for rolling through Waikiki and attracting the wrong kind of attention.

There is also a HUGE alpine 4 channel amp in the right saddlebag... fine, as long as you don't plan on carrying anything.

So for my '18 I'm more interested in being able to hear it while I'm riding. Because you sure as heck can barely hear it now... so much for "Boom II" bullchit.

Its a little cleaner sounding when I'm wearing a helmet, but there are still those days I'd prefer not to wear one.

Sounds like JM may be a better choice...

« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 07:17:09 PM by 2018_FLTRXSE »

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 24 queries.