Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: Original Swat Boots.........  (Read 38745 times)

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Original Swat Boots.........
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2011, 05:53:17 PM »

The Ridge Ultimate 9000 and the Bates 8" tactical are both, in my opinion, a nicer higher quality boot than the Swat. Both can be bought cheap thru Central Texas Police with free shipping and no tax.
I have the Bates, Gortex, waterproof, air sole, removable inner foot bed, side zip with full length leather liner behind zipper (only waterproof way to seal zipper) & Vibram outer sole and wife has the Ridge Ultimate 9000 which has all the stuff of the Bates except the Vibram sole but has a Nike type air cushion outer sole with Puron inner cushion. The Puron is the bomb, I have it in my North Face hiking boots and it is great. Both around $115 @ Central Texas and are high quality boots.

Arwyn

• Junior CVO Member
Original SWAT tactical boots
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2012, 01:23:20 PM »

Got some of these for Christmas, and I think they are about the best boots I have had for the bike yet. Super comfortable, I can actually walk around in these all day without it killing my feet (*cough* Harley boots *cough*). More importantly, they stay stuck to my chrome pegs and don't slide around at speed like my previous boots did.

Boots stay fairly warm at moderate (50ish) degree temps, but are not ovens at warmer temps. They breathe pretty well, which is great for my sweaty feet. :)

I like em a lot, but I am looking at another pair. The set I have don't have a reinforced toe box, and that's about the only thing I can find I can nitpick over. They do have the almost exact set of boots with a reinforced toe, so those are my next purchase.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Original SWAT tactical boots
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2012, 02:08:19 PM »

Got some of these for Christmas, and I think they are about the best boots I have had for the bike yet. Super comfortable, I can actually walk around in these all day without it killing my feet (*cough* Harley boots *cough*). More importantly, they stay stuck to my chrome pegs and don't slide around at speed like my previous boots did.

Boots stay fairly warm at moderate (50ish) degree temps, but are not ovens at warmer temps. They breathe pretty well, which is great for my sweaty feet. :)

I like em a lot, but I am looking at another pair. The set I have don't have a reinforced toe box, and that's about the only thing I can find I can nitpick over. They do have the almost exact set of boots with a reinforced toe, so those are my next purchase.

Many of us wear them.....threw away my shoes....just wear these now, at work, riding, etc.

By the way, the Original Swat Tactical are water proof and have the reinforced toe I believe. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2012, 03:50:27 PM »

Best boot I've ever owned!  Easy on/off, comfortable, light and waterproof.
 :2vrolijk_21:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Arwyn

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2012, 05:28:09 PM »

Wish I could wear these to work, but they kind of frown on that sort of thing.... and I'm not riding the scooter to work in dress shoes and slacks...  ;D

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2012, 06:44:29 PM »

Wish I could wear these to work, but they kind of frown on that sort of thing.... and I'm not riding the scooter to work in dress shoes and slacks...  ;D

Keep your feet under the desk......they'll never know. :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2012, 07:51:29 PM »

I either keep a pair of shoes in the office or bring them on the bike.  Chaps and jacket cover the dress clothes.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Arwyn

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2012, 06:20:16 PM »

I either keep a pair of shoes in the office or bring them on the bike.  Chaps and jacket cover the dress clothes.

Actually thought about doing that, just need a good backpack that will handle a 17" laptop and associated junk I have to haul around, along with the dress shoes and what not. :D

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2012, 06:42:48 PM »

Actually thought about doing that, just need a good backpack that will handle a 17" laptop and associated junk I have to haul around, along with the dress shoes and what not. :D
Sounds like some saddlebags would be handy.  :) har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2012, 07:58:00 PM »

Right JC!  

Year before last when in Reno for Street Vibrations, we ran up to Virginia City.  We found a vendor there with the Original Swat Boots for sale around 90.00. The boots I'd been wearing had worn on the bottoms and were starting to get a bit slippery on smooth surfaces.  It was time for them to go. By the way, the Alpine Stars I was using cost two and a half times as much, and were not more comfortable.

The Swat boots are great.  When I ride to work, I wear them all day.  In the past, I would change shoes or boots until time to go home.  

In any case, anyone on the fence about these boots can rest assured, they are very comfortable. :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 01:24:13 PM by Eagleye07 »
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 24 queries.