Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Ultra Classic® Electra Glide®

Lower Fairings 2013 and earlier vrs 2014 and later

(1/2) > >>

Lil Old Me:
Hi all,

I have a 2011 FLHTCUSE6 CVO EG and I was looking at cleaning up my lower fairings. They have alot of rock chips and such.
My current ones are "Rio Red" in color and we all know what its like getting paint codes from Harley. Hell I cant even get new ones (Gulp) from Harley pre-painted.
So I was thinking of getting new ones in Black, be it vivid, gloss or another shade of Black. My Bike is Black Ember(again a CVO color, cant get ). Compariung the costs to some opf the aftermarket "Black" ones its considerably cheeper. So I have 2 questions....

1) I dont think having Black Lowers with the current paint scheme woudl look that bad............opinions?
2) I have a stock Engine gurad/crash bar so why wouldnt the 2014 and laters Lowers work with my bike?

Joel:
Not sure about fitment but when I had the inner fairing painted to match the bike, I was told the paint code sticker was applied to the bottom of the fuel tank.

Grizzly:
I think fitment will be a concern, but IMHO going away from your current Rio Red I believe you will not like at all.

I have a 2008 Duracell that I think the factory made a mistake with painting the lowers copper rather than black.

Have a look at so many other 2-tone bikes that have lowers and the lowers are always painted the same as the lower part of the upper fairing, gas tank and front fender.  If it isn't done this way it appears just to busy (chopped up if you will) for my liking.  I had mine painted black almost immediately after taking delivery in 2008 and very pleased with the results.

I think you would like the finish product best if you take your current lowers to a good painter and have them redo the lowers in the same colour.

I am attaching a picture of my bike to show you IMHO how much better my ride looks with the lowers painted black to match as described above as compared to the stock '08 Anniversary CVO Ultras as mine was originally.

Hope this helps.

Grizzly:
After I fixed mine with black painted lowers to match.

Lil Old Me:
Black vrs Red

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version