Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Ultra Classic® Electra Glide®

Harman Kardon GPS

(1/5) > >>

fxdjerry:
Well I just stuffed the gps into the radio. Looks like everything is working. I still have to put the fairing back on . Took it for a test ride anyway just used the spots. I'll take a pic before I button it up.

Install was easy. Software check, than an upgrade to a higher version 7.4 . Takes about 7 minutes for the upload. EErom check, checksum check and then good to go. Comes with two disks one for west and one for east. Software says Harman Becker and is for Navteq.

Now the radio has a compass and the clock time is tied to the gps.
My complaint is the unit does not come with an antenna bracket. It is the reverse of the one for the xm. I had to make a bracket until I get one ordered. The other thing is HD should have included a T-8 with the kit.

Mike103:
Hi Jerry.   I have one of these on order, despite the unbelievable price.  Did you do your software upgrade with a disk and therefore future upgrades can be done easily?  
Also, do you have the part no. for the missing bracket?

Mike103:
Also, what is a T-8?

Twolanerider:

--- Quote --- Comes with two disks one for west and one for east. Software says Harman Becker and is for Navteq.

--- End quote ---

So it is a disk based navigation and waypoints database?  In other words no CD or MP3 based music and navigation at the same time?

naitram:

--- Quote ---Also, what is a T-8?
--- End quote ---

sound like the size of a torx  bit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version