Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Clearview Windshield With Vent?  (Read 13864 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Clearview Windshield With Vent?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 03:00:35 PM »

Well, I ordered my Clearview Shield early last week.  Light tint but without the vent.

I should have it in another week or so.

I went with the GT-Large which is 15" tall from the cluster pod up to the top of the windshield.  My current Cee Bailey's is 13.5" and it's too short by about 1" to 1.5".  My new seat puts me up about 1" higher than before so that's why I did the GT-Large.

Apparently if you don't take off the shipping film, you can try it and return for an exchange is it's not right.

I'll report back when I have it installed.

Thanks again for all the input.

Have a great week.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

ultrarider123

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 03:28:03 PM »

Hey Dan, I hope you aren't in a big hurry.  They do say 10-15 days before shipping but I ordered mine on March 7th and didn't hear a peep from them.  On Friday, March 18th, I sent a very nice email inquiring on my new windshield.  On Monday the 21st, I received a note that they were beginning work on my windshield.  Got a note on the 25th that it was completed, it passed inspection and was shipping.  I received a note on the 28th that it actually shipped.  I received it on the 30th so 23 days from order to receipt.  If I had really been in a hurry for this, I may have been a bit more bothersome to them.  Still, it was longer than I expected.

The shield itself was great.  Yes, it's covered on both sides with the protective sheeting.  There are numerous signs stating do not remove until you fit it to the bike.  I've had it on for 600 miles now and I can tell a world of side wind difference.  The pocket behind the shield is much nicer than what I already considered very good on my Freedom shield.  I miss the polished edges with the Freedom but so far I'm very happy with the investment of the Clearview.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 03:12:09 PM by Haird »

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 02:28:41 PM »

Hey Dan, I hope you aren't in a big hurry.  They do say 10-15 days before shipping but I ordered mine on March 7th and didn't hear a peep from them.  On Friday, March 18th, I sent a very nice email inquiring on my new windshield.  On Monday the 21st, I received a note that they were beginning work on my windshield.  Got a note on the 25th that it was completed, it passed inspection and was shipping.  I received a note on the 28th that it actually shipped.  I received it on the 27th so 20 days.  If I had really been in a hurry for this, I may have been a bit more bothersome to them.  Still, it was longer than I expected.

The shield itself was great.  Yes, it's covered on both sides with the protective sheeting.  There are numerous signs stating do not remove until you fit it to the bike.  I've had it on for 600 miles now and I can tell a world of side wind difference.  The pocket behind the shield is much nicer than what I already considered very good on my Freedom shield.  I miss the polished edges with the Freedom but so far I'm very happy with the investment of the Clearview.

saddle view:

Thanks for the heads up.

They do seem to be very busy or just poor at responding period.  I've called several times and always they have to call me back.  I've sent a couple e-mails and they only called me back because I left a voice message on their general mail box.

I hope I ordered the right one.  I know that I was about 1.5" too tall for the Cee Baileys and now my new Corbin sits me about 1" taller yet.  That was a bummer...  So my Cee Baileys measured 12.5" on their measurements from the cluster pod to the top of the shield.  They GT-Large is 15" so I "should" be good with the new height and a bit more side and recurve to the top edge.

I should be okay for the Pre-Ride in Eureka even if it does take a bit longer.

I also bought a set of HD premium 12" shocks from a CVO guy, so maybe I'll have a smooth bike ride with a smooth air flow.  I can always dream, right???

Thanks again.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

ultrarider123

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 03:05:15 PM »

Your welcome.  I found a couple pictures.  One from the side of the '15 and one from the saddle.

Here's the one from the side:

ultrarider123

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 03:09:05 PM »

And the one from the saddle.  I did purchase the medium which at my 5' 6" height was just fine.  I can look over or duck behind with little to no effort with either option.  I prefer to look just over the top and with either the Freedom that was on it or this Clearview, looking over and through are just fine.  Both are VERY clear shields with little to no distortion no matter where you look through.

Also, I got the dates wrong on my ordering post (it's corrected now) but I received the shield on March 30th which was actually 23 days after I placed the order.  Again, I'm happy with the product, just not the communications.  Looks like you had some of the same issues, Dan.  I will say that Freedom shield had much faster responses and quicker order to receiving times.  My plan was to sell the Freedom shield but I'm thinking I may keep it as a back-up.

As for the premium 12" shocks, U will Luv 'em over the stock air shocks.

With the new shocks and windshield, you will think it's a new bike..... ;D

Have a great, safe day.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 03:14:18 PM by Haird »

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 09:19:22 PM »

I bought three windshields from them for three different bikes the last couple of years. I did not have a problem with their website. Ordered all three without a call.

Quick delivery and a great product.

And it's a $100 product so it's not like it's a life and death decision. If you don't like it, toss it and buy another one from someone else.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 11:33:12 AM »

I have tried both the light and dark tint Clearview windshield.  If your windshield is tall enough that you need to look thru it, the dark tint is too dark for night riding, at least to my experience.  I like my windshield height so I barely look over the top of it, but can duck down and look thru it in inclement weather.  Riding thru the Rockies guarantees rain at least once a day!  The light tint is perfect for me.  I have tried a few brands of windshield and prefer Clearview over any other brand..   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 12:44:12 PM »

I have tried both the light and dark tint Clearview windshield.  If your windshield is tall enough that you need to look thru it, the dark tint is too dark for night riding, at least to my experience.  I like my windshield height so I barely look over the top of it, but can duck down and look thru it in inclement weather.  Riding thru the Rockies guarantees rain at least once a day!  The light tint is perfect for me.  I have tried a few brands of windshield and prefer Clearview over any other brand..   :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks for the information.

I was thinking that my new GT-Large will be on the high side, but I should still be able to look over it.  I think the light tint will good for me too.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 12:48:26 PM »

I bought three windshields from them for three different bikes the last couple of years. I did not have a problem with their website. Ordered all three without a call.

Quick delivery and a great product.

And it's a $100 product so it's not like it's a life and death decision. If you don't like it, toss it and buy another one from someone else.

For a batwing, the shields may be cheaper, but for mine with shipping and discount, it's pushing $225.  That's a bit more than I like to toss in the attic.  This will be my fifth windshield for this bike.  Hopefully this one fits my needs and I'm through with buying windshields.

Shark instead Batwing has it's own issues and windshields are number 1.

Thanks for the input though.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2016, 05:17:53 PM »

Crap! That is a big difference. Mine where around $100 or so shipped and all.

For a batwing, the shields may be cheaper, but for mine with shipping and discount, it's pushing $225.  That's a bit more than I like to toss in the attic.  This will be my fifth windshield for this bike.  Hopefully this one fits my needs and I'm through with buying windshields.

Shark instead Batwing has it's own issues and windshields are number 1.

Thanks for the input though.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2016, 09:50:54 PM »

I went with Windvest. . The 14" recurve works the best for me. .  I just got it and I couldn't be happier. . I've tried most of them.  This is the best by far. .no buffering at all. .  And handy any wind at all. .  . .  Just saying. .  Stuart. . . 

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2016, 10:23:21 AM »

I went with Windvest. . The 14" recurve works the best for me. .  I just got it and I couldn't be happier. . I've tried most of them.  This is the best by far. .no buffering at all. .  And handy any wind at all. .  . .  Just saying. .  Stuart. . .

Stuart, good morning...

If the Clearview doesn't work out, I'll give Windvest a try.  I know others that have their windshields on bikes without fairings and they like them a lot.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 10:45:26 PM »

Well, it's like this... It's now May the 3rd and I don't have the Clearview shield yet.  I got the Stage 1 and Stage 2 e-mails.  They said it was going into the final inspection and covering stage.  That was well over a week ago.

I sent them an e-mail on Saturday about the progress and I've not heard a word from them.

I guess at this point I'll just hang on and see what happens.  I couldn't install it this week anyway as I'm stuck again in "beautiful" Pineville LA.  This is my second week down here.  I've been here over the years many times to one of our better customers, but it's just a dead place to be.  Sorry if anyone on here is from Pineville, but I'll be glad to get back to the great St. Louis MO area.

I'll update you all one when (IF) I get my new windshield.

Thanks for the warnings though.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2016, 07:42:44 AM »

either they're swamped or there down to a one man show  :nixweiss: last time I dealt with clearview was nine years ago and my custom size was in my hands within thirty days. Dan I hope this is as bad as it gets for you and your shield shows up soon.

Keep us apprised 

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2016, 09:59:39 PM »

When I ordered the windshield I used my company card and shipping address.  Later that day I changed my mind and wanted it to be billed to my home card.  They called and got all the information with the change of address.

I've spent the past two weeks down in Pineville LA at a good customer of ours and I just went into work on my way home and there was my windshield.  So they shipped to my work address.  I called Tonya confirmed it was billed to my home card, not work.  She said that Mondays are so busy for them they have to catch up the next two days.

I have the new windshield mounted now and will test ride it in the morning.  I ordered it a bit high on purpose.  I can sit in the seat and still look straight ahead and easily see over it, but at their recommended 50' out, I'll be looking through the shield.

If I get rid of the buffeting, I'll be a happy camper.

If all is good, we're out for the day tomorrow riding.  I'll update on Sunday as it's supposed to be raining around these parts.

Thanks and hope you all enjoy your weekends and have a great Mother's Day with that special little women.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.326 seconds with 24 queries.