Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Mother & Three Sons  (Read 747 times)

BadDawg

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
A Mother & Three Sons
« on: February 09, 2006, 04:47:53 PM »

Three sons left home, started careers and prospered. Getting back together, they discussed the gifts that they were able to give their elderly mother for her seventieth birthday.  The first said, "I built a big house for Mom."  
The second said, "I sent her a Mercedes with a driver."
The third smiled and said, "I've got you both beat.  You know how Mom enjoys the Bible and you know she can't see very well.  I sent her a brown parrot that can recite the entire Bible.  It took 20 monks in a monastery 12 years to teach him.  I had to pledge to contribute $100,000 a year for 10 years, but it was worth it.  Mom just has to name the chapter and verse and the parrot will recite it."
Soon thereafter, Mom sent out letters of thanks:
She wrote to the first son, Milton, the house you built is not practical.  I live in only one room, but I have to heat, cool, and clean the whole house."
She wrote the second son, "Marvin, I am too old to travel.  I stay home all the time, so I never use the Mercedes.  And the driver is so rude!"
To the third son, "Dearest Melvin, you were the only son to have the good sense to know what your mother likes.  The chicken was delicious."
2000 SE Roadglide
1995 Nostalgia

The only mark you'll make in life is on your shorts.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
Re: A Mother & Three Sons
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 05:33:07 PM »

That was good! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.