Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why Do We Place An Angel Atop the Christmass Tree?  (Read 507 times)

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Why Do We Place An Angel Atop the Christmass Tree?
« on: December 14, 2011, 02:42:57 PM »

Ever wondered why we place an angel on the top of the Christmas Tree?  Here is how the tradition began:

One December, years ago, Santa was getting ready for Christmas during a particularly brutal winter.  There were problems everywhere.  His elves went out on strike, and the scabe elves did not produce the toys as fast as the regular ones so Santa was beginning to feel the pressure of being behind schedule.  Then Mrs. Claus told Santa that her Mom was coming to visit; this stressed Santa even more.

When he went to check the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out at heaven knows where.  Worse, Rudolf was sick and his nose wouldn't glow!  More stress.

Then when he began to load the sleigh one of the boards cracked and the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys. So, frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of coffee and a shot of whiskey. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered that the elves had hid the liquor and there was nothing to drink except coffee.

In frustration, Santa dropped the coffeepot which broke into little pieces all over the kitchen floor.   Just then the doorbell rang and Santa cussed on his way to the door. He opened the door and there was a little angel with a beautiful Christmas tree.

The angel said, "Merry Christmas Santa! Isn't it just a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?

Thus began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.