Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: looking for guidance selling my '07 FXDSE  (Read 4248 times)

joebart

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CT

looking for guidance selling my '07 FXDSE
« on: December 18, 2017, 11:16:59 AM »

Let me start by saying I love this bike! I'm not being forced to sell, it's just time for a new HD adventure. The photo is my bike, no photoshop, it's just a Hi key exposure. The flag behind the bike is a painting. 23,000 miles well maintained most service done by Harley, Lots of extra and performance upgrades. Looking for advice for the best place to list....

Thanks in advance!

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
Re: looking for guidance selling my '07 FXDSE
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 11:42:46 AM »

I've used 3 different online sites to promote my motorcycle sales.

eBay - good national/international audience. I sold my '15 FLTRUSE on eBay about 14 months ago.
Craigslist - good for local leads and people who can come out and see the bike. Never made a sale off CL though.
ChopperExchange - good national exposure, had some inquiries but nothing serious off this website.
CVOHarley.com - well most of these guys and gals already have a CVO but maybe they have some needy friends?
Facebook - you'll get lots of comments, some critical, some supportive - not sure on how this does for real sales.

The real key to selling IMHO is value and quality of promotion. I took some really professional looking pictures of my FLTRUSE with country flowers and meadows in the background. It set a real nice feeling of outdoors and adventure. Much better than taking a picture in a back alley or next to a dumpster (yes, I've seen those kinds of pics). Make sure you detail the bike before taking the pictures.

Good luck,
Simon

joebart

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CT

Re: looking for guidance selling my '07 FXDSE
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 05:16:27 PM »

Thank you!

I've used 3 different online sites to promote my motorcycle sales.

eBay - good national/international audience. I sold my '15 FLTRUSE on eBay about 14 months ago.
Craigslist - good for local leads and people who can come out and see the bike. Never made a sale off CL though.
ChopperExchange - good national exposure, had some inquiries but nothing serious off this website.
CVOHarley.com - well most of these guys and gals already have a CVO but maybe they have some needy friends?
Facebook - you'll get lots of comments, some critical, some supportive - not sure on how this does for real sales.

The real key to selling IMHO is value and quality of promotion. I took some really professional looking pictures of my FLTRUSE with country flowers and meadows in the background. It set a real nice feeling of outdoors and adventure. Much better than taking a picture in a back alley or next to a dumpster (yes, I've seen those kinds of pics). Make sure you detail the bike before taking the pictures.

Good luck,
Simon

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 24 queries.