Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Break in Procedure  (Read 2649 times)

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
Re: Break in Procedure
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 01:01:36 PM »

Interesting. I've heard the debate about the dino vs syn for break in also, but not enough definitive information that would make me sway to using the dino for break in. :nixweiss: Bottom line is do what you feel comfortable with. :2vrolijk_21:
I agree with you , do what you are comfortable with. You can really get into some heated discussions regarding oil and it's use most guys have very strong oppions about the subject.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 09:23:43 PM »

No need to worry about break in. Just do the following

1. Buy bike and ride it like you stole it.
2. After 5-10k miles, notice the head gasket leak.
3. Take bike in and have motor replaced.
4. Start over at number 1.

:oops:

jwygo

• JWYGO
  • Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 105th
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 11:06:17 PM »

My dealer added the SERT and slip ons before it left his shop.  He did a dyno that went to redline several times.  He told me he didn't baby it or follow any manual guidelines.

Then I picked it up and ran it just like the attachment says (except I had syn 3).  I gave the attachment to my dealer and he told me under his breath that he would do breakin just the way the article states. 

All I can say is my bike rocks, it has great acceleration, tons of torque thru all ranges, etc.   Of course, at 1000 miles, I'm still waiting for my first rear cylinder head leak  ::)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 11:10:22 PM by jwygo »

REGGAB

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 05:50:21 AM »

Well, used to be I'd ride it by the book during break-in, but with all the 110 issues................I think I'd want to get as much fun out of it as I could before it starts leaking.   ;D  Seriously, behave during the first 500 miles, get that nasty SYN III out, put some good synthetic oil in (many great oild discussed here) then ride like you want to.  It is what it is, and chit will happen; just be ready for it.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 25 queries.