Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: '07 Oil Leak  (Read 727 times)

ace4059

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
'07 Oil Leak
« on: September 13, 2006, 06:15:13 PM »

Noticed oil started leaking on my '07 SE Ultra(800 miles) At first I thought it was coming from the left rear shock. Upon further inspection it was running down the plastic guard on the drive belt and dripping down by the left side by the rear wheel. Took it to the dealer yesterday. They had to put it on the dyno today and run it to see where the fluid was coming from. Just talked to my service manager and he said it is coming out of the hole on the top of the transmission where the speedometer cable fits into the transmission. He said it is real loose and it is blowing oil out of the transmission and it is going onto the rear tire and is dangerous to ride. He has a call in to the MOCO but they haven't called back yet (imagine that) , but he said it looks to him like the hole in the transmission is drilled out too big and he thinks I will need a new transmission housing, which means pulling the rear wheel and the transmission. He said he hasn't seen this problem before. Has anyone out there ever heard of this? I'm glad I noticed it before my 1000 mile service because I am going to switch to Amsoil and knowing the MOCO, they would have probably tried to blame the leak on the oil.
There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.- Roger Staubach.

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
Re: '07 Oil Leak
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 06:33:00 PM »

It's Good you took it in! As wthe oil was blowing on the rear wheel.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.