Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: WV HELMET LAW REFORM  (Read 14854 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: WV HELMET LAW REFORM
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2005, 10:46:11 PM »

In some communities kids are required to wear helmets while bicycle riding.......

Yes.....   And your point is?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2005, 10:54:04 PM »

The government makes bad decisions when interfering with survival of the fittest.
The government makes bad government when it oversteps its bounds
The government makes bad government when it tells you they have to make inane laws and restrictions to prove to the masses how free that the masses are.

Yes, which is exactly what we just pointed out in illustrating that mandating a policy based on bad application of data or poor assumptions would lead to bad or intrusive overall policy decisions.  We were just subtle  [smiley=7.gif]  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

starvin

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2005, 11:03:12 PM »

O.K. I've got a couple of pennies to throw in, If its O.K. for government to mandate helmet laws becuse the cost of crashes would be less, why should'nt they outlaw motorcycles all together, your obviously safer in a car. I see some of these guys with thier crocth rockets helmets and full leathers with the way they drive and me with no helmet and the way I drive theres no doubt they have a better chance of a insurance claim than me.  Personally I will not have a bike if I have to wear a helmet most of the time I don't see the point, but I don't think I would ride if i had kids at home and a family to support.

Dave

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2005, 11:06:36 PM »

Breakfast anyone?

We're at the WAFFLE HOUSE

No, MFG, notsomuch.  No real waffling when you write:

"The government makes bad decisions when interfering with survival of the fittest.
The government makes bad government when it tells you they have to make inane laws and restrictions to prove to the masses how free that the masses are. "

Just before that the same thing had been illustrated by suggesting a hypothetical series of events that ends up with a mandate for everyone including kids in shopping carts to be wearing helmets.  You're directly describing bad policy.  Bad policy had simply been illustrated with more subtlety previously.  You just didn't get it.

starvin

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2005, 11:12:46 PM »

The government makes bad decisions when interfering with survival of the fittest.
The government makes bad government when it tells you they have to make inane laws and restrictions to prove to the masses how free that the masses are.

Mike, It sounds like your almost quoting the great govener of Mn. Jessie (the body) Ventura, "stupidity is gods way of thining out the weak"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2005, 11:15:56 PM »

O.K. I've got a couple of pennies to throw in, If its O.K. for government to mandate helmet laws becuse the cost of crashes would be less, why should'nt they outlaw motorcycles all together,
Dave

Hey Dave, absolutely play along  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].

Unfortunately the short answer is that gov't could (outlaw motorcycles entirely).  Driving is a privilege (or at least a granted right) after all and can be limited or controlled based on a variety factors (age, enironmental effects, and God knows how many other ideas some hare brained legislature might come up with).  

It's also certainly the case that some types of motor vehicular transportation is already banned on public highways (for being too large or too small or too slow or too noisy; just to name a few).  So a governmental entity at some level could "ban" motorcycles.  

Fortunately in any practical sense we don't have to worry about it except on the most limited of scales.  There is an effective lobby.  There is important historical precedent.  And even though we're not a starri decisis system precedent does count for a tremendous amount.  We also have our culture of appreciating individual freedoms and open spaces.   So just because gov't could, it ain't anything to lose any sleep over.  Hell, the Europeans still get to ride so we don't have anything to worry about  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] .

starvin

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2005, 11:25:22 PM »

in case some people don't  know Jesse made that quote when he was being pressured to enact a law to prevent snowmobilers from going out on to frozen lakes too soon. It was after a few went threw the ice and drowned. Unfortunate but I still loved the quote.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2005, 11:43:06 PM »

O.K. thats the second funniest quote I heard. [smiley=drink.gif]

Starvin, just noticed the picture.  It's hard to tell with all the cool blue lights but what is the bike that is all lit up there?  Seeing that great pic just reminds how much I need to get the red lights from Dude installed.

starvin

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2005, 08:48:01 PM »

Twolanerider, the lights are on my seeg. I had them installed by Steel Horse Nitelites at the millwaukee dealer rally last year. Paid $420 kind of expensive but I couldn't of done the job they did.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2005, 09:21:07 PM »

Twolanerider, the lights are on my seeg. I had them installed by Steel Horse Nitelites at the millwaukee dealer rally last year. Paid $420 kind of expensive but I couldn't of done the job they did.

That pic is very sharp Starvin.  I'm hoping to cheap out on mine and not have nearly that much tied up in the illumination.  Dude from here on the site sold me what I'm sure will prove to be a nice bunch of lights for about a hundred bucks.  The rest of how sanitary the install proves to be will depend on how handy I prove to be.  Just hope it looks close to as good as yours when its done.

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2005, 08:04:48 AM »

"  Of course those drivers then switch to something else without the requirement and the class moves.  Eventually everyone (including kids in shopping carts) have to wear helmets just because Mobe pointed out that everyone drives trucks !!    

Geez, thanks Mobe !!!! "

Just doing my part for a safer America!!!!   [smiley=beerchug.gif]
MObe

Daddyschog

• Junior CVO Member
  • git er dun
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2005, 09:54:42 PM »

In Pa its riders choice! [smiley=laugh.gif]  We became free a little more than one year ago.  I say free the brothers and sisters in WV.  Let those who ride decide! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
let Daddy tell ya a little story

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2005, 10:13:24 PM »

In Pa its riders choice! [smiley=laugh.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2005, 03:15:55 PM »

And then here it is.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 01:42:58 AM by twolanerider »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2005, 11:24:05 AM »

Hey Guys,

2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 24 queries.