Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Yours Truly On Page 81 Of October 2010 American Iron  (Read 2282 times)

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
Yours Truly On Page 81 Of October 2010 American Iron
« on: September 23, 2010, 08:00:02 AM »

Just happened to be in the right place at the right time on the Run For The Wall this year. We were taking a group of our riders into Arlington National Cemetery to the tomb of the unknown soldier for a wreath laying. I was approached by Jay Hirsh because he missed us coming in.  He normally covers Rolling Thunder and he wanted some shots of us and it just so happened that there was three MIA Daughters there. He shot that and also wanted of a shout of me on the bike.

That picture is in the middle of page 81. I'm sitting on the Triple Red Express, with my Road Guard attire on.  To the right of me there are two of the three MIA daughters getting a hug at the wall after we departed from ANC.  I was really hoping that the Run would also get some ink, maybe next time. Hope I did us proud!!

The link for AI http://www.aimag.com/wordpress/ . They don't have this issue up yet...I'll see if I can can the page in  

We ride for those who can't.. Honoring All American Warriors and their families... We will continue to ride until they are all accounted for....

Here's a link to "  2010 Run": http://www.rftwsr-2010.us/        Greg
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:22:16 PM by Texas 103 »
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Yours Truly On Page 80 Of October 2010 American Iron
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 08:32:02 AM »

can you scan it in and post for us that dont get the mag?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

Re: Yours Truly On Page 80 Of October 2010 American Iron
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 08:36:50 AM »

can you scan it in and post for us that dont get the mag?

I will work on that later today

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

Re: Yours Truly On Page 81 Of October 2010 American Iron
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 07:22:57 PM »

Just happened to be in the right place at the right time on the Run For The Wall this year. We were taking a group of our riders into Arlington National Cemetery to the tomb of the unknown soldier for a wreath laying. I was approached by Jay Hirsh because he missed us coming in.  He normally covers Rolling Thunder and he wanted some shots of us and it just so happened that there was three MIA Daughters there. He shot that and also wanted of a shout of me on the bike.

That picture is in the middle of page 81. I'm sitting on the Triple Red Express, with my Road Guard attire on.  To the right of me there are two of the three MIA daughters getting a hug at the wall after we departed from ANC.  I was really hoping that the Run would also get some ink, maybe next time. Hope I did us proud!!

The link for AI http://www.aimag.com/wordpress/ . They don't have this issue up yet...I'll see if I can can the page in  

We ride for those who can't.. Honoring All American Warriors and their families... We will continue to ride until they are all accounted for....

Here's a link to "  2010 Run": http://www.rftwsr-2010.us/        Greg

RoadKingHog

• Black Diamond/Silver Dust
  • Junior CVO Member
  • May the sun shine ahead, and the wind at your back

• CVO1: 2008 Road King
    • CVO2: 2010 Softail Convertible
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 08:15:09 PM »

Oh yeah, I see you - top picture about a 1/3 of the way back in the middle of the crowd - yep, that's you.

Kidding of course.  Hope you had a great time.  The last time I made the ride was right after the 9/11 attack on the Pentagon and large portions of the building were temporarily covered.

Congratulations on a great ride and good timing on the photo.  (I recall once the Pentagon ride "started to move", it took us about an hour to actually exit the parking lot and travel to the Memorial Wall itself.)  It was a very memorable time and good camaraderie.  I got to lookup a couple of buddies' names on the wall I crewed with that got shot down and didn't make it back.  Back then I was a gunner on AC-130 Spectre gunships.

Fare thee well fellow ironhorse rider.
2008 Road King SE
Rinehart True Duals
SE Heavy Breather
TTS Tuner
CC Seats solo seat
Progressive 940 Rear Shocks
Motolights
Kuryakyn Floorboard Relocator Brackets
Heel Guard

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 01:54:33 AM »

Great job man, I ride missions with PGR - most honorable thing I can do with my bike. Thanks for your service.
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 10:31:49 PM »

Thanks for your service
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 09:15:51 AM »

Congratulations!!  Thank You for work..and your Service!
As a son of a disabled Vet I know what your work means to those families!!
RedEagle
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 07:54:22 PM »

Congratulations!!  Thank You for work..and your Service!
As a son of a disabled Vet I know what your work means to those families!!
RedEagle

You are most welcome and it is an honor!!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 07:56:56 PM by Texas 103 »

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 07:20:18 PM »

Just wanted to say Thank You for your service. I haven't been in the military, but my dad and uncles are Veterans. In 2008 my wife and I and her brother were able to make the Rolling Thunder Ride and spend a few extra days in DC. My wife's cousin now (retired Army) got us into the Pentagon. I was so excited, sad, we stood at the wall in the Pentagon and viewed the corridor where the plane impacted. I think the most touching thing I have ever witnessed was the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Every American, man, woman, child should see that in person. I can't interpet all those feelings into words. The massive ride to the wall was spectacular. All in all the most emotional and fun ride and vacation we have ever had. If you ever get the chance you should visit DC and make the Rolling Thunder Ride.     
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 11:17:54 PM »

Just wanted to say Thank You for your service. I haven't been in the military, but my dad and uncles are Veterans. In 2008 my wife and I and her brother were able to make the Rolling Thunder Ride and spend a few extra days in DC. My wife's cousin now (retired Army) got us into the Pentagon. I was so excited, sad, we stood at the wall in the Pentagon and viewed the corridor where the plane impacted. I think the most touching thing I have ever witnessed was the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Every American, man, woman, child should see that in person. I can't interpet all those feelings into words. The massive ride to the wall was spectacular. All in all the most emotional and fun ride and vacation we have ever had. If you ever get the chance you should visit DC and make the Rolling Thunder Ride.     

Couldn't have said it better, Run For The Wall starts in LA and we  cross the country in 10 days and when we see bridges full of people with flags all across the country It means a lot. Patriotism is alive and well... That's why we ride to remember and honor all of our warriors.. WE will ride until they are ALL accounted for....,I better quit right here before it get nabbed by Gary....

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 24 queries.