Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: York 2006 Open House  (Read 1773 times)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
York 2006 Open House
« on: April 26, 2006, 07:51:40 PM »

HARLEY-DAVIDSON YORK VEHICLE OPERATIONS TO HOST 2006 OPEN HOUSE

York (April 20, 2006) - Harley-Davidson Motor Company will host the 2006 York Open House activities on September 28, 29, and 30, 2006 at its Vehicle Operations in York, Pennsylvania. On site at the Company’s Springettsbury Township plant will be the Harley-Davidson 2007 demo fleet, the Harley-Davidson Traveling Museum, the Harley Owner’s Group (H.O.G.), The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) and the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) Local 175. “The Open House is an annual opportunity for our customers to come home and see where the bikes were built,” said Fred Gates, General Manager of Harley-Davidson’s York Vehicle Operations. “The event gives Harley enthusiasts a way to reconnect with old friends and experience some of the most scenic rides in the Northeast.” What’s new this year will be a Harley-Davidson dealer shopping area located at the plant. The five area dealers who previously sponsored activities at the York Expo Center will instead participate in a more home-grown event at the York manufacturing facility. “Our customers told us that they wanted a lower cost and more convenient event – one that didn’t involve admission fees,” said Mike Laugerman of Laugerman’s Harley-Davidson in York. “We’re implementing this change to help meet those needs. The event will represent a true homecoming for Harley-Davidson enthusiasts.” Harley-Davidson will again be a presenting sponsor of Bike Night and will work with the City and the York Harley Owner’s Association to continue the annual bike parade tradition. The Company is also working with the York County Convention and Visitors Bureau to create and promote other activities of interest to enthusiasts during their stay in York County.

Tours of York Vehicle Operations during Open House will be offered from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. each day of the event. Tour guests must be 12 or older and those over 18 must present a valid, government-issued photo ID. Closed-toe shoes are required for the factory tour and all visitors must pass through a metal detector prior to the start of their tour. 2007 Harley-Davidson Demo rides will be available 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. during all three days of the event. For more information about the York Open House, please call 877-883-1450 or visit www.harley-davidson.com
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: York 2006 Open House
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 08:49:28 PM »

In addition to the above website York Open House has it's own website. At this time no details are posted, but should be coming soon.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 02:05:45 AM »

This is a real fun event. I have my holidays booked and planned for the year and found out that I am 60 hours short of spending all that I have coming, ah shucks.  So since this event falls on my B'Day, and I don't need too much of another excuse, I am working at putting this on the calendar of must places to head for.  Missed Bike Week in FL, don't seem to be able to pull a run down to Myrtle Beach next week, so York Open House might just work.  The traffic is frustrating on Saturday, so this is an event to get to early, and then pull the plug.  Argh! 500.000 of your best friends sitting at the red lights trying to see who can cause all the rest of us to go deaf as they contiinue to twist the right throttle while holden in the clutch.  Like their fuel injected bike needs that, right? The hotels close are probably all booked solid, but there a lots of towns close by, and we found that it's not bad to get out of town a bit. It is surprising how many vendors pull into town for such a small event, it is fun.   ;D [smiley=cherry.gif]

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 07:06:27 AM »

This is a real fun event. I have my holidays booked and planned for the year and found out that I am 60 hours short of spending all that I have coming, ah shucks.  So since this event falls on my B'Day, and I don't need too much of another excuse, I am working at putting this on the calendar of must places to head for.  Missed Bike Week in FL, don't seem to be able to pull a run down to Myrtle Beach next week, so York Open House might just work.  The traffic is frustrating on Saturday, so this is an event to get to early, and then pull the plug.  Argh! 500.000 of your best friends sitting at the red lights trying to see who can cause all the rest of us to go deaf as they contiinue to twist the right throttle while holden in the clutch.  Like their fuel injected bike needs that, right? The hotels close are probably all booked solid, but there a lots of towns close by, and we found that it's not bad to get out of town a bit. It is surprising how many vendors pull into town for such a small event, it is fun.   ;D [smiley=cherry.gif]

MRS.WE I will be there. It is and has always been a great event. I am kinda tired of walking through the factory but seeing goods friends and meeting new ones are always a better part of the event. Maybe we need to get a group together in one of the out lying towns.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 24 queries.