Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 CVO Roadking  (Read 2856 times)

razorbacksrule

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AR

2007 CVO Roadking
« on: March 11, 2021, 12:12:59 AM »

Im a new member here and long time Harley owner mainly Dynas. Local dealer has an 07 CVO Roadking for sale. Its a one owner low miles very clean bike. I know the 07 110s had some issues . Has anyone owned one long term and could tell me what issues they had with theirs .

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
Re: 2007 CVO Roadking
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 01:46:27 PM »

Yes in 75,00 miles 2 trans. 2 engine overhauls First engine 25,000 and trans was 40,000. Still loved the bike and with extended warranty it war OK They fixed the bike in less than one week every time Woodstock HD Bought a 2014 Serk and needed a new rebuilt engine at 40,000. NOw have 75 K and st ill doing  well. I will tell you I ride he bike very gently. Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

JKM

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 05:36:47 PM »

I have a 2008, more or less the same, but with larger fuel tank.  Yes there are a few week points and if you address them before they cause major damage, then it will be reliable.  But can add up quickly and may be hard to justify for an older bike, although some of this may already by done.

In no particular order

- Cam bearing.  If not done, need to be replaced with a high quality bearing.  Consider if you want to do came change at the same time
- Lifters.  Ongoing problem.  S&S standard lifters are a great replacement.  While the stock lifters are not great, some of the blame lies in valves brings being to heavy and the quick ramps of the stock SE255. 
- Valve guides.  Been a few few instances of  guides dropping.  Consider doing along with replacing valve springs and to be honest just have the heads done overall
- Crank run-out.  Issues with high run-outs.  Harley increased the specs a few years ago to something like 0.012".  Personally anything over 0.005" should be addressed.
- Exhaust and Tuner.  These bikes run-out from the factory to meet emissions.  A fuel dyno with a proper dyno will address this.

so, if the crank run-out is OK, then re-freshing the heads with adding a little compression, a new cam + bearing, lifters, fuel tuner and exhaust will not only wake the bike up, but improve it's reliability.
2008 FLHRSE4 (105 Anni)- V&H Dresser duals and slash cut mufflers, Big Sucker AI, PCV, Woods 777, JPrecision Heads

Mike7476

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CT

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 12:51:51 AM »

Not sure if you’re still a member here but I’m a nervous wreck, I bought a 2007 road king cobalt and I’m picking it up tomorrow, i’m banking on a lot of things been done to it already since it has 32,000 miles… came with the TTI tuner , in the Harley mechanic apparently he used to work at Hurley he said this is the year after some things were bad for engines I believe the tensioner or something but I could tell you I screenshot ,your advice.If you have any more advice I would love to hear it thanks

JKM

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 10:16:58 AM »

don't assume anything was one unless you have documentation.  at 32K miles, if those lifters were not replaced they are likely ready to go, so is the cam bearing.  If either of these fail they could could blow up the engine.
2008 FLHRSE4 (105 Anni)- V&H Dresser duals and slash cut mufflers, Big Sucker AI, PCV, Woods 777, JPrecision Heads

Hemmi

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ID

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 08:49:24 AM »

Hi all I´m new her and I am in some trouble, I´m looking fora speedometer on my  2007 HARLEY DAVIDSON FLHRSE3 SCREAMIN' EAGLE ROAD KING CVO and HD is not making them any more. and can someone tell my what type of speedometer will fit may CVO? I´m flying blind here.   

JKM

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2023, 03:36:48 PM »

Have you looked into have the speedo repaired?  There are some speedo repair places that might be able to help get this repaired instead of replacement.

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 25 queries.