Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vancouver Bike Show  (Read 1062 times)

Full Throttle

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Vancouver Bike Show
« on: January 27, 2007, 02:57:22 AM »

I went to the Vancouver Bike Show today.....boy Harley has some serious competition. Big Dawg, Titan, Victory, and the custom builders had some hot bikes, more HP, dripping in  chrome and many cheaper than a Harley.  There were people buying these bikes, not just looky-loos.

I did notice the prices dropped on their screaming eagle bikes.  

I hope this is a wake up call for Harley and they offer more bang for the buck. If the MC puts their noses in the air and say Hey it is not a Harley.....they may be in for a rude awakening.

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

Re: Vancouver Bike Show
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 10:59:25 PM »

Full Throttle,

Was at the show on Friday as well.  A lot of nice bikes for sure.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  If HD has a strike those other guys will likely pick up a few sales.  A friend of ours was trying to buy the blue SERK off the floor but they wouldn't go for it.  One of the dealer reps there told him he just had a deal fall through that day on a black one if he wanted it.  Guess who rode on the ferry with a new 2007 SERK.

Say, are you coming to Nelson for the Western CVO GTG in July.  

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (05)  Cripple Creek, CO (06) Nelson, BC (07) Sedona, AR (08) Hood River, OR (09) Pala, CA (10) Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Spokane, WA (12) Santa Fe, NM (13) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray, CO (15) Fortuna, CA (16) Victoria BC (23)

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 12:09:12 AM »

They're still not Harley's and people buy what they like.  I don't believe for a minute it is a wake up call to Harley as they have 99% of the market.  Big Dog even sells more units than Victory.  Funny thing is though I don't recall seeing any Big Dogs when I was there on Friday.  Saw the American Ironhorse and the Victory's but that was about it for American V-Twin's. [smiley=banana.gif]

Cheers, Moe
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

Full Throttle

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 02:15:58 AM »

BT... I am really hoping to go on the Nelson trip.  It sounds like too much fun. I will know for sure by April.  Keep in touch if you are going.

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 01:43:55 AM »

I'll be there for sure, already got rooms booked, vacation time scheduled.  We've got about 7 or 8 CVOs coming from the Island that I know off.  Got a couple of others that just recently picked up their bikes so they may come as well.  Those of us going will keep reminding them until they agree. ;)

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (05)  Cripple Creek, CO (06) Nelson, BC (07) Sedona, AR (08) Hood River, OR (09) Pala, CA (10) Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Spokane, WA (12) Santa Fe, NM (13) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray, CO (15) Fortuna, CA (16) Victoria BC (23)

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 07:35:12 AM »

HEY!!!!!ITS NOT A HARLEY!!!!!!
 :bananarock:
Ridin Legend

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 07:39:48 PM »

I went to the Vancouver Bike Show today.....boy Harley has some serious competition. Big Dawg, Titan, Victory, and the custom builders had some hot bikes, more HP, dripping in  chrome and many cheaper than a Harley.  There were people buying these bikes, not just looky-loos.

Hey it is not a Harley.....they may be in for a rude awakening.

RESALE ...RESALE ...RESALE .... THATS ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID HERE ...YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR ..YOU BUY A TITAN..VICTORY OR A BIG DAWG AND SEE WHAT ITS WORTH IN 3 YEARS ...IT MAYBE BE CHEAPER WHEN YOU BUY IT BUT IN THE LONG RUN IT WILL COST YOU A LOT MORE THEN A HARLEY!

BUBBA
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

Full Throttle

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 05:33:20 AM »

Yes, all valid points.  I guess I am just venting a little  ;)   
I feel better now  :cucumber:   I was just a little miffed as I am having my seat redone now.  Felt they should have put a seat on the SE Fatboy that was rideable. Also polished my Aluminum Wheels the day before...felt they should have been chromed. Those with the 05 Fatboy know how hard they are to maintain.

Sometimes I just feel the MoCo has me by the kahonas. Sort of like Microsoft and Software. Yeah go buy another operating system ...right.

But in the end, its my decision, no one has a gun to my head telling me to buy HD. So I will just suck it up and work a lil more overtime to pay my stealer!

I know when I fire the bike up again in March after its winter hybernation I will have a grin from ear to ear  :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.