Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Jenni Has Moved Dealerships  (Read 7583 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Jenni Has Moved Dealerships
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2008, 05:16:21 PM »

Of those who have purchased from Jenni at the new digs (Tri-County), what has been the S&H charges?

The last time I ordered from Jenni at Charlies S&H it was $10, because of my level of OCD I've always got a list of "I wants" so I tend to add on to the order.

I just got a battery and a fender spear from her.  Box was heavy due to the battery.  S&H was either $13 or $15, can't remember which now, but it was reasonable as always.  It's never been the same amount 2 times in a row for me, though.  I think she probably just passes along the cost she pays UPS without any markup.  At least that's the way it seems. :nixweiss:

Air1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE/662
    • CVO2: 06 FLHRSI
    • CVO3: 05 VRSCSE
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2008, 05:28:59 PM »

That was a very reasonable S&H charge for a battery, the UPS was probably more then $19.
07 & 08 Rolling Thunder
07 HD Posse Ride Great American

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: Jenni's Moved>>>>
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2008, 05:34:16 PM »

i have a business trip thataway coming up...maybe get to meet herself in person!!!

Maybe she'll loan ya a bike to try too  :2vrolijk_21:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2008, 05:38:12 PM »

Maybe she'll loan ya a bike to try too  :2vrolijk_21:

well that'd be just a darn shame there wouldnt it

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2008, 05:39:26 PM »

I just got a battery and a fender spear from her.  Box was heavy due to the battery.  S&H was either $13 or $15,

UPS now charges $20 for a haz mat fee. Was the battery dry?

MV 2013

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2008, 05:40:15 PM »

Depending on the states insurance regulators, some dealers can set their own prices.

"Service Contract", not insurance.

MV 2013

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2008, 05:41:18 PM »

well that'd be just a darn shame there wouldnt it

Ya got a rep to live up to there Scot, why break it now  :nixweiss:

MV 2013

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2008, 07:56:05 AM »

That was a very reasonable S&H charge for a battery, the UPS was probably more then $19.

UPS now charges $20 for a haz mat fee. Was the battery dry?

I just took a look at the invoice.  $13 shipping charge.

It's a standard H-D AGM battery.  Not sure of the composition of those. :nixweiss:

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2008, 08:47:19 AM »

I just got off the phone with Jenni at Tri County HD in Ohio.  She quoted me 20% off the extended warranty:

2 year.......retail $1,019 less 20%=$815.20
3 year.......retail $1,199 less 20%=$959.80

Obviously the 3 year deal is better value although I won't keep the bike that long. 
Seems like a good deal (???) :cherry:

I dropped the SEUC off at my local dealer last night and got the following quote on the EW:

2 years........$1499
3 years........$1799 (including tire and wheel option)

Yes, they can charge anything they want.  I am pretty sure Jenni will get my
business! :2vrolijk_21:
 :cherry:

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2008, 09:21:22 AM »

I dropped the SEUC off at my local dealer last night and got the following quote on the EW:

2 years........$1499
3 years........$1799 (including tire and wheel option)

Yes, they can charge anything they want.   I am pretty sure Jenni will get my
business! :2vrolijk_21:
 :cherry:
Things have changed over the years so there may be a few states with some control over Extended Warranty (EW) policy charges.  However, only Life and Disability have Rate controls.  In many cases, the lender will have a policy to limit what is charged for EW if it is included in the contract.
The lender can't require that the EW policy be purchased, but sometimes the F&I person at the dealership will say "I (suggesting the financial institution like HD Credit) can knock a point off the finance rate if you purchase the extended warranty".  All this does is put money in their pockets today versus earning that 1 point spread over the life of the contract in the finance charge.
In the old days, some dealers were "self insuring" their extended warranties, but the banks and other lenders put a stop to that since they are responsible for providing coverage if the dealer sold their store or went out of business (I think the contract has the Holder in due course statement that makes them liable).

Jenni's deal looks pretty good.  The dealer still makes money.

Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2008, 09:49:10 AM »

In the old days, some dealers were "self insuring" their extended warranties, but the banks and other lenders put a stop to that since they are responsible for providing coverage if the dealer sold their store or went out of business (I think the contract has the Holder in due course statement that makes them liable).

I think consumers and consumer advocate groups had a lot more to that then the lenders did.

Having worked at several dealers that sold their own policies and refused to work on any "other's" policies it was inevitable that the programs would not last.

MV 2013

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2008, 10:31:09 AM »

I think consumers and consumer advocate groups had a lot more to that then the lenders did.

Having worked at several dealers that sold their own policies and refused to work on any "other's" policies it was inevitable that the programs would not last.

Porthole,
Pehaps a combination of both.
When the customer's began to complain, the bank's attorneys sited the "holder in due course" puting the bank at risk.  That happens even when an "approved" extended warranty company went under.  If a dealer refused to comply, I had to stipulate my contact approvals "not to include" a self insured Warranty.  It was not long before all financial institutions (including captives) put their foot down.  As you probably know from being in the business, when some dealers loaded up a contract with a $2,500+++ Extended Warranty, lenders began placing limits on what could be included in the amount financed.
I will add that in the event of a "Repo" at least the lender's could count upon an accurate refund of unearned premiums for Life and Disability.  However, the extended warranties are another story.  It was not as easy to get a dealer to calculate and refund "their markup" portion of the extended Warranty.  Ultimately this passes on to the customer as a higher deficiency balance.

Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2008, 04:27:33 PM »

I went ahead and bought the 3 year EW with the tire/wheel option from Jenni.(just over $1100)
I will be in Cinci this week and will go by her new place of employment (Tri County HD) and meet her.  Still not sure exactly her position.  Today, she answered the phone saying "parts". :cherry:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2008, 04:02:45 PM »

I went ahead and bought the 3 year EW with the tire/wheel option from Jenni.(just over $1100)
I will be in Cinci this week and will go by her new place of employment (Tri County HD) and meet her.  Still not sure exactly her position.  Today, she answered the phone saying "parts". :cherry:
Yeah, but I had to write a check last week, first one I have had to write in maybe about three or four years.  I wrote 1999 in the year column. .................... Some of ole chicks are slow to learn new tricks.

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2008, 10:57:58 AM »

I met Jenni yesterday at Tri County HD.  Her title is Gen Mgr. and she sits at a desk out on the showroom floor so she can see the action.  She introduced me to the owner as well.  By today's standards a small dealership but everyone was extremely friendly.  I bought some additional parts from her at 20% off.
I'll check out the other dealerships in the area as time allows.  I have heard good things about Aces to Eights HD. :cherry:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 24 queries.