Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: FIRST QUARTER RESULT$  (Read 5403 times)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
FIRST QUARTER RESULT$
« on: April 12, 2006, 09:19:20 PM »

Milwaukee, WI (April 12, 2006) - Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE: HDI) today announced record revenue and earnings for its first quarter ended March 26, 2006. Revenue for the quarter was $1.29 billion compared with $1.24 billion in the year-ago quarter, a 4.0 percent increase. Net income for the quarter was $234.6 million compared to $227.2 million, an increase of 3.2 percent over the first quarter of 2005. First quarter diluted earnings per share (EPS) were $0.86, an 11.7 percent increase compared with last year
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 09:19:38 PM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: FIRST QUARTER RESULT$
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 08:57:38 AM »

I smell a change in the air!!!!!!!! I sure hope so.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 11:23:06 AM »

I'm looking at this thread and comparing it to the one on H-D in the financial pages. I'm an Engineer so maybe it's just me, but I don't get it. H-D is going to be a whole quarter late in the start of the new model year and I can't help but wonder if we don't have some Enron accountants working at Harley-Davidson. I know from looking at the member's occupation thread that we've got some financial people as members on this site. Market makers and Bank Presidents and what have you. Hey guys, can one of you step up to the plate here and explain how H-D's profits are up but their stock is down. H-D is talking growth out one side of thier mouth and a late model year start on the other. What's up ?  

jachin72

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 11:35:17 AM »

Yah, what Big Brian said [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Want to see that answer too. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 11:44:37 AM »

I'm looking at this thread and comparing it to the one on H-D in the financial pages. I'm an Engineer so maybe it's just me, but I don't get it. H-D is going to be a whole quarter late in the start of the new model year and I can't help but wonder if we don't have some Enron accountants working at Harley-Davidson. I know from looking at the member's occupation thread that we've got some financial people as members on this site. Market makers and Bank Presidents and what have you. Hey guys, can one of you step up to the plate here and explain how H-D's profits are up but their stock is down. H-D is talking growth out one side of thier mouth and a late model year start on the other. What's up ?
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jachin72

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 11:49:41 AM »

Jerry,

If they have over-produced to the point where the dealers can't afford to store, I wonder if we will see rebates like the auto manufacturers someday?  They won't be able to make money on modified parts too much longer either...?

Steve

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 12:00:43 PM »

jachin72

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 12:08:05 PM »

Interesting point Jeff [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Noticed China visited the Bill Gates House instead of the Whitehouse, according to the Drudgereport.

Steve

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 12:19:37 PM »

[highlight]Noticed China visited the Bill Gates House instead of the Whitehouse[/highlight]

With all due respect to the Office of President of the United States, if you wanted to talk money who would you talk to? The richest guy in the world- - a self made man, arguably a true genius of our time , a man who's products, love em or hate em are everwhere in our society
                                                         OR
   a guy born with the proverbial silver spoon in his mouth, one never worked an honest day in his life, had everything including this presidency handed to him by his father, arguably the least intelligent President in the history of our great nation and the man responsible for the largest deficits in the history of organized government ?

I believe the term is  "NO BRAINER"

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 12:24:02 PM »

[highlight]Noticed China visited the Bill Gates House instead of the Whitehouse[/highlight]

With all due respect to the Office of President of the United States, if you wanted to talk money who would you talk to? The richest guy in the world- - a self made man, arguably a true genius of our time , a man who's products, love em or hate em are everwhere in our society

2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 12:25:12 PM »

Jerry,

If they have over-produced to the point where the dealers can't afford to store, I wonder if we will see rebates like the auto manufacturers someday?

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 12:35:18 PM »

Brian,

I'm no financial wizard either, so hopefully one will chip in on this subject.
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 12:45:09 PM »

[highlight]A friend of mine that ran a Va dealership said that 2003 would be the end of the run and would carry over to 04 and part of 05. I don't think he was off by far.
 [/highlight]

DC
WIth all respect to anyone with an 04 or newer, I have seen a lot of QA issues on the 04 and newer models and have been saying the same thing as your friend for different reasons myself. It just seems like HD made it to 100 years and has been sitting back on it's heals since. I get teased on this site about bleeding Black,White and Orange, but maybe the MoCo needs to get knocked down a peg or two like they did in the late 70's to come back stronger again.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 12:50:34 PM »

.....Even the SE models are not selling. Hell I just put money down on one of 2 SEUG in Black crimson that are due in next month and are not sold. .....I think the MOCO will have to cut back production to keep pace with the economy. Just 2 cents.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
This could be a "positive" note also. If they cut back production maybe they will spend more time on quality control? :o They could see what those that are buying bikes do as far as modifications, and ultimately produce a SE model that we would be able to just ride. Wouldn't it truly be nice to not have to add any accessories/modifications other then those needed for ergonomics to a CVO bike? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 04:46:41 PM »

i'm no expert on financials but wall strett wants to see growth, if HD cuts production the stock will drop which losses money for shareholders and board members, i'm thinkin they'd rather take the gamble that the dealers will still be able to push bikes out the front door
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 24 queries.