Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: FIRST QUARTER RESULT$  (Read 5402 times)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: FIRST QUARTER RESULT$
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 05:25:20 PM »

[highlight]A friend of mine that ran a Va dealership said that 2003 would be the end of the run and would carry over to 04 and part of 05. I don't think he was off by far.
 [/highlight]

DC
WIth all respect to anyone with an 04 or newer, I have seen a lot of QA issues on the 04 and newer models and have been saying the same thing as your friend for different reasons myself. It just seems like HD made it to 100 years and has been sitting back on it's heals since. I get teased on this site about bleeding Black,White and Orange, but maybe the MoCo needs to get knocked down a peg or two like they did in the late 70's to come back stronger again.

Spider we both saw what happened to them back then. You are correct and I agree that is what they need. Let a few of the big guys start starving and we will see what happens then.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

jachin72

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 06:34:08 PM »

Noticed China visited the Bill Gates House instead of the Whitehouse

With all due respect to the Office of President of the United States, if you wanted to talk money who would you talk to? The richest guy in the world- - a self made man, arguably a true genius of our time , a man who's products, love em or hate em are everwhere in our society

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 07:20:18 PM »

Jerry what worries me is, we have about 13 dealerships within 100 or so miles. Yet I know of one dealer that has in excess of 350 bikes in stock. Their yearly allottment is only 600 and we are in warm weather and prime riding season around here. The rest are sitting on over 100 each. So what does that tell you about this area that is recession proof????? It doesn't look good at all. Even the SE models are not selling. Hell I just put money down on one of 2 SEUG in Black crimson that are due in next month and are not sold. This time next year will tell. A friend of mine that ran a Va dealership said that 2003 would be the end of the run and would carry over to 04 and part of 05. I don't think he was off by far. I think the MOCO will have to cut back production to keep pace with the economy. Just 2 cents.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
DAWG,

I see similar situations here in the Midwest - plenty of new bikes jammed on showroom floors that used to have mostly used bikes and empty space, and dealer warehouses loaded with new product.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2006, 07:28:24 PM »

Maybe... just maybe it's a wakeup call for the MOCO and their dealers. Personally I'm sick & tired of the bastards charging 3-7k over sticker at my local dealer. The smugness of the salespeople makes me wanna puke.  ;)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2006, 07:32:01 PM »

This could be a "positive" note also. [highlight]If they cut back production maybe they will spend more time on quality control?[/highlight] :o They could see what those that are buying bikes do as far as modifications, and ultimately produce a SE model that we would be able to just ride. Wouldn't it truly be nice to not have to add any accessories/modifications other then those needed for ergonomics to a CVO bike? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
'd00d,

It's a nice thought, but it wouldn't survive 10 seconds in the executive suite.

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 08:22:29 PM »

Well I think that H-D needs to really open up their eyes and see that the "other" guys are selling twice as many bikes for half as much money with twice as much hp and torque again for half the price. The 103 should be the stock motor in all H-D's people are becoming tired of spending twice as much money for half as much bike.  A couple of examples are the 1800 Honda VTX ....108 hp..16 grand........the Yamaha roadliner 1700cc 120 hp....16 grand........etc etc.As far as posted sales, someone posted the facts.thats sales to dealerships not end users. Its sort of like saying unemployment is down because more people are no longer collecting..........because their benefits expired not because they got jobs! Eventually the die harders are going to already own bikes and alot of die harders already would not own a NEW H-D. We all know what the reason we own H-Ds is and we are going to have a harder time convincing others in the future that H-D is a wise choice...........lately its more for those of us with more money than sense...there are alot of nice bikes out there and alot of them don't say H-D on them and lets not forget a Honda has more AMerican parts than an H-D...........just some thoughts. I really want H-D to get back into the swing of things and make more great bikes, how about some v-rod engines in some other models??? Or stock 103s across the entire line?  These are the types of things that people look at and its getting harder to tell an H-D from some other brand as they all are starting to look alike............the v-rod is unique looking enough and thats a good step in the right direction I believe! If I buy another H-D it would have to be a screamin eagle v-rod.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 09:18:52 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, sefatboyscott,
  Have you ingested some type of mind-altering chemical?  Lay down, Bro, and sleep it off!  Your wife may need to call 911 to come get you, if you don't come down soon!  Me?  I'm Harley to the Bone!  Always have been, always will be. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  It makes no never mind to me, how cheap they are, or, how much faster they'll go.  They just ain't got no CLASS!  But that's me.  BTW, whatever it takes to float one's boat, is OK with Ol' Hub!  I've grown somewhat, in that I do wave at those people on Brand-X Bikes now! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Later--HUBBARD        

2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2006, 08:25:53 AM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, sefatboyscott,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2006, 01:16:33 PM »

I'm not sure a wave counts when you only use one finger.... [smiley=sauer021.gif]
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »

I'm not sure a wave counts when you only use one finger.... [smiley=sauer021.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2006, 07:04:04 PM »

2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 09:37:01 AM »

Recently received this flyer from one of the local dealers (bought my '99 there).  When was the last time you saw any dealer advertise discounts on new Harley's????

Jerry

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 10:10:01 AM »

Jerry it's just another sign of the times. Talked to my buddy the other day. They have moved no bikes and the weather has really changed. They even have bikes being delivered by pickup truck pulling a 5th wheel trailer by private vendors. They now have 350+ in stock and still won't discount.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2006, 10:11:01 AM »

Recently received this flyer from one of the local dealers (bought my '99 there).

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2006, 10:12:16 AM »

Jerry it's just another sign of the times. Talked to my buddy the other day. They have moved no bikes and the weather has really changed. They even have bikes being delivered by pickup truck pulling a 5th wheel trailer by private vendors. They now have 350+ in stock and still won't discount.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

I hope they rot on the showroom floor....  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.