Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD ANNOUNCES RESULTS OF ANNUAL SHAREHOLDER MEETING  (Read 1353 times)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
HD ANNOUNCES RESULTS OF ANNUAL SHAREHOLDER MEETING
« on: May 01, 2006, 10:20:34 AM »

HARLEY-DAVIDSON, INC. ANNOUNCES RESULTS OF ANNUAL SHAREHOLDER MEETING

Milwaukee, Wis. (April 29, 2006) - Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE: HDI) announced today that its Board of Directors increased the dividend at the Annual Shareholder Meeting in Milwaukee on April 29, 2006. All items of business presented to shareholders were approved at the meeting.
The Board of Directors of Harley-Davidson, Inc. approved a cash dividend of $0.21 per share payable June 26, 2006, to shareholders of record as of June 7, 2006. This represents a 16.7 percent increase over the previous dividend paid on March 24, 2006.

During the meeting, the shareholders approved the re-election of Jeffrey L. Bleustein, Donald A. James, James A. Norling and James L. Ziemer as Class III Directors. Also, Ernst & Young LLP was ratified as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for calendar year 2006.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: HD ANNOUNCES RESULTS OF ANNUAL SHAREHOLDER MEE
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 12:07:02 PM »

Nice to know that our shares are doing so well...........now if they could just focus half as much on quality control. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 12:24:44 PM »

Nice to know that our shares are doing so well...........now if they could just focus half as much on quality control. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Isn't that the truth. Or are they expecting us to use the dividends to buy parts the replace the one's that should be correct on the bikes to begin with [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 05:29:31 PM »

Nice to know that our shares are doing so well...........now if they could just focus half as much on quality control.

Yeah, what JC said !! I mean nice to get dividends, but they're slowing slipping back to the old AMF (Another Major Fuggup) type of corner cutting.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 05:29:58 PM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 07:15:39 AM »

HARLEY-DAVIDSON, INC. ANNOUNCES RESULTS OF ANNUAL SHAREHOLDER MEETING

Milwaukee, Wis. (April 29, 2006) - Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE: HDI) announced today that its Board of Directors increased the dividend at the Annual Shareholder Meeting in Milwaukee on April 29, 2006. All items of business presented to shareholders were approved at the meeting.
The Board of Directors of Harley-Davidson, Inc. approved a cash dividend of $0.21 per share payable June 26, 2006, to shareholders of record as of June 7, 2006. This represents a 16.7 percent increase over the previous dividend paid on March 24, 2006.

During the meeting, the shareholders approved the re-election of Jeffrey L. Bleustein, Donald A. James, James A. Norling and James L. Ziemer as Class III Directors. Also, Ernst & Young LLP was ratified as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for calendar year 2006.

Great I can't wait to get that check.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 06:49:07 AM »

Its all too easy for large corporations to focus on the next dividend and not REALLY plan for the future.  The comittment to ongoing improvement and development costs a lot of money.  I hope they don't get caught in that trap, for the golden goose will die of neglect.

We enjoy the improvements made since AMF.  The metrics were ready to bury HD, and will do so again if they are not careful.  I hope it does not come to that point before they respond.  I, for one love to see more Harleys on the road and the prices for the used ones becomming more affordable for the young guys.

Yeah I know, our resale values will slip at this rate, oh well...

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 03:54:51 AM »

From pg 5 of the 2005 Annual Report
"Quite simply, the high levels of unmet consumer demand for our bikes that we experienced for years was no way to to run a business for the long term. I never met a customer who thanked me when he or she had to pay substantially over m.s.r.p. for a motorcycle,[/i], or when delivery of that motorcycle might take a year or longer. Continuous growth cannot be sustained under those kinds of circumstances."
Jim Ziemer, President & CEO

Now if only the dealerships shared that philosophy.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 07:09:40 PM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 06:48:35 AM »

That will never happen. Greed will kill them in the long run!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 10:17:24 AM »

From pg 5 of the 2005 Annual Report "Quite simply, the high levels of unmet consumer demand for our bikes that we experienced for years was no way to to run a business for the long term. I never met a customer who thanked me when he or she had to may substantially over m.s.r.p. for a motorcycle,[/i], or when delivery of that motorcycle might take a year or longer. Continuous growth cannot be sustained under those kinds of circumstances."
Jim Ziemer, President & CEO

I'd like to share that philosophy but the reality is, one of the things that has made the MoCo as successful as it has been is the fact every Tom, Dick and Harry can't walk in and pick up a new bike at the drop of a hat.  It created an even bigger desire to have one.

As soon as the demand is met and bikes are stacking up, well, someone wrote in another thread about the value of the bikes falling precipitously..........it has and will now that the MoCo is on the "ass for every seat" plan.

While no on can agree with dealers marking the bikes over MSRP by sometimes ridiculous numbers; like it or not, it is what kept the mystique going and the demand high.  A local dealer just dumped a 2004 NEW V Rod for $9,995.00.  Naturally people including dealer employees were fighting over it but if dealers who have historically held inventory to eventually sell it at a high number start to turn into their car dealer brother's mentallity of moving iron the only ones that will suffer are (oh go figure) You an Me!

I just saw in an industry mag, the new GT 500 Mustang is going for up to $15k over sticker, low supply and high demand would keep it there but Ford will catch up fast and they won't stay there.  Bottom line is, when a HD bike is on every corner (which they now are 350k annually) there goes your former great investment.  

It isn't why I buy and ride my bikes, but it sure was a great side benefit when I wanted to move up or replace a bike.  I'm sure I wouldn't have been so quick to change without the dollar difference being so close.  In thirty years since my first HD a new 76 FLH ($3100.00), I have had 18 Harleys and numerous other bikes, had the MoCo been pounding them out like they do now, my guess is that number may have been far smaller.

I ordered my SE when the dealers returned from Vegas in August 2005 with the news of the new Ultra.  I waited 6 months or so for it to arrive in the BlkCrimson and was happy to see it arrive.  I am actually not sure if I would have jumped on it if the dealer had two or three of them sitting there.  

Oh well I best get off the  [smiley=soapbox.gif] now, but I'll leave with this final statement, Sometimes the way it was turns out to be a lot better than the way it is.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 10:21:37 AM by Rjob749 »

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.