Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Immigrant Strike  (Read 12112 times)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Immigrant Strike
« on: May 01, 2006, 01:51:24 PM »

Well let me inform you on how it is in my neck of the woods today. Well it started by my mason informing me that of his 25 man crew only 3 showed up to work today. I have a deadline on the job he's doing for me and this doesn't help. As I drove to get my coffee I passed several jobsites which are always bustling with workers looking abandoned. No machines running, no stone walls being built and no framers framing. When I got to the deli I noticed it was rather empty so I asked the owner "How's business today?" to which she replied "I have only rang out 23 dollars so far today." This is in a deli that usually has lines out the door and probably does $5000.00 a day in sales. So I guess the impact of this work stoppage or strike has proved it's point to me. It will cripple the trades around here and the value of the work now will drastically increase as demand for labor will increase due to a shortage in manpower. If the price of building goes up that means there are less people that will be able to afford the work. That really won't hold true to a point here being that I work in one of the richest areas of the country but the trickle down effect will sure be felt everyelse. I don't claim to have the answers but I do know we have to figure out something favorable for both sides or we are doomed for sure. The only question I raise with any political ramifications is that if an illegal uses a phonty social security number and his employewr pays taxes toward that number, what happens to the monies collected when the govt. finds out that its a bogus number or it doesn't match the name.It seems to go into the governmental abyss I guess. Well this is my .02.  Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
Re: Immigrant Strike
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 02:20:29 PM »

[smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon2.gif] [smiley=balloon3.gif] [size=16]HAPPY ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS DAY EVERYBODY !!! [/size] [smiley=balloon3.gif] [smiley=balloon2.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_09.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

Oh I thought it was a party [smiley=nixweiss.gif] my bad-- kinda goes along with the rest of this strange azz bullchit
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 02:52:21 PM »

Well, like the dumbass I am, I forgot that I am descended from immigrants and could have blown off work today.  Chit!

Oh well, some of us have to work to pay the taxes for the extra police, trash pickup, etc.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 03:27:08 PM »

My pops is off the boat and mom is 2nd generation so I guess i should have stayed home and rode its gorgeous out too >:(
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 04:06:20 PM »

Unless your name is Pochahontas or Cohise, you're descended from immigrants. Thing is our ancestors were LEGAL. Sorry to hear about your job site Big D, sounds like you got more Mex workers to deal with than I do and I'm 20 miles from the border. S'anyway, I'm boycotting everything owned and run by Mexicans for the entire month of May and urging everyone else to do the same.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 04:37:00 PM »

Unless your name is Pochahontas or Cohise, you're descended from immigrants. Thing is our ancestors were LEGAL. Sorry to hear about your job site Big D, sounds like you got more Mex workers to deal with than I do and I'm 20 miles from the border. S'anyway, I'm boycotting everything owned and run by Mexicans for the entire month of May and urging everyone else to do the same.
There you go Big B-- We'll have to do the same to Dunkin Donuts up here!!
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 04:53:09 PM »

That's not a bad idea- boycott the 5th of May celebrations at every mexican restaurant in the country.  Just maybe, they'll realize that without OUR money, they should go back to their own country.  The whole situations has only made me realize that I have no desire to travel into Mexico for any reason.  Since I've ridden to Alaska, I'd toyed with riding to the equator.  It ain't happening now.  My money stays home. period.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 05:15:31 PM »

I wouldn't worry too much...they'll all be back at work soon.  
Where else are the illegals going to find a gig as good as they've got?  
They sure as hell aren't going to head back South for work.

Though not politically correct...take out your temporary frustrations here:
http://nerdnirvana.org/g4m3s/borderpatrol.htm
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 05:45:19 PM »

There you go Big B-- We'll have to do the same to Dunkin Donuts up here!!
Ain't that the truth.

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 07:22:53 PM »

I had a 4:30 that my receptionist called to confirm.  She was advised that they wouldn't be there as they were going to the local rally.  I guess that's more important than the state threatening to take away their kids.  They wanted to re-schedule to a more convenient time.  I declined because they hadn't bothered to call and it was to late to fill that slot.  Oh well!

Dan
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 07:23:36 PM by DDL »
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 08:39:29 PM »

This thread should have been titled Illegal Immigrant stike but be that as it may, sure was nice coming home on the SoCal freeways and only dealing with 1/2 the normal traffic. Maybe they can stay home every day. Actually, maybe they can just Go Home
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 08:42:02 PM by SPIDERMAN »

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 12:04:22 AM »

[highlight]I'm boycotting everything owned and run by Mexicans for the entire month of May and urging everyone else to do the same.[/highlight]

you got the right idea there spider, but why stop at a month, and boycott all products
from mexico, that means no shots of tequila or Mescal, and definitely no corona's to wash down the salsa and chips, it just piss water anyway. Im mowing my own lawn from now on, and i'll even bus my own dishes next time i eat out at my favorite  American Resturant!

This thread should have been titled Illegal Immigrant stike but be that as it may, sure was nice coming home on the SoCal freeways and only dealing with 1/2 the normal traffic. Maybe they can stay home every day. Actually, maybe they can just Go Home

yea, but before they go, lets have them help build this border wall for cheap  ;D ;D

Toes in the water, ass in the sand

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 07:19:11 AM »

yea, but before they go, lets have them help build this border wall for cheap  ;D ;D

For cheap???????? Bull%hit how about build it for free!!!!!! I think we have given them enough. No I meant THE LIBERALS have given them enough!!!!!!

SEND THEM ALL HOME!!!!! I'll do my own work around the house. (hell I do anyway)

Be Safe

THE DAWG
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 07:19:45 AM by DCFIREMANN »
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 10:03:40 AM »

Well its Tuesday and all the Amigo's are back to work doing the same chit they were doing on Saturday.Did what they tried to do work I guess we'll have to see on that one.

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 10:15:18 AM »

Well its Tuesday and all the Amigo's are back to work doing the same chit they were doing on Saturday.Did what they tried to do work I guess we'll have to see on that one.

Like I said earlier...
[highlight]I wouldn't worry too much...they'll all be back at work soon.  
Where else are the illegals going to find a gig as good as they've got?  
They sure as hell aren't going to head back South for work.  [/highlight]

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.